07. Meet in the Middle

Present

Present

"Pictures of the husks, just like you asked for," I state as I gently toss a handful of photos onto Scott's desk, watching him with proud eyes as he scoops them up to look them over. 

He nods his head as he flips through them. "I still don't understand how you get so close...do you know someone on the inside? That lets you get these types of photos?"

I cock my head as I try to come up with a plausible lie, since I couldn't exactly tell him that I was a speedster and could take as many pictures as I wanted without being seen, but before I have to, he's stopping himself from asking me.

"Actually, never mind, I don't care...as long as you keep doing great work like this, we'll have no problems." I nod my head as I let the camera fall back onto my chest, the strap around my neck holding it in place. 

A feeling of accomplishment overcomes me once again. "Thanks once again for giving me this job on such short of a notice-"

"Of course," he states as he continues to flip through the photos. "Iris put in a good word for you, and I know I can trust her. I'm glad I did, too."

"I'm glad you did too," I echo before I turn around, heading out of his office. I let the door shut behind me as a yawn escapes my throat, it being quite common now-a-days. Staying up last night with a stomach ache and to chat it up with Barry at four in the morning really did a toll on my energy.

I glance over at Iris as she types away on her computer, at least before she notices me walking her way, which causes her to stop and smile at me. "What'd he think?"

"Amazing as always," I wink back at her, causing her to laugh. I lean over her desk as she punches me in the arm softly, a bright smile still on her face.

"I told you that you'd be a good photographer," she tells me once again. When I had first heard the idea about me getting a job here, I didn't think I was cut out for it. I was glad that Iris had talked me into it however. "I've always seen you as a person who looks at the world in a different type of way."

I raise my eyebrows. "Well technically you're right, since I'm not exactly from this earth-"

"Oh hush, you know what I meant," she cuts me off before grinning, causing me to shoot a smile back at her. However, before we can carry on more, both of our phones are dinging in our pockets, causing us to pull them out.

Meet at S.T.A.R. Labs ASAP! Breach is open and won't close - Cisco 

Iris and I look up at each other at the same time, the look on our faces saying it all. For some odd reason, my mind instantly went to something bad coming through the breach...something like another speedster or God knows what.

I glance over at the clock on the wall, finding that it was already almost eight. "I think it'd be okay if we left two minutes early, right?"

Iris grabs her purse and coat off the chair as she slips it on, nodding her head. "If a breach is open, then yeah."