09. Dating Complications

Present

Present

After stopping Frankie from killing everyone inside of the hospital, things calmed down a little bit. Caitlin ended up finding her a new home in Star City, and I had faith that she was going to be able to control her powers. If she couldn't, we'd always be there to help.

As for John, he was getting the treatment he deserved. He was most likely going to prison for what he had done to Frankie over the past few years, and nothing made me more glad than to hear that. People like him deserve to be locked away for their actions.

A week came and went after that with not much action. Work went by slow and time seemed to drag on forever, and I knew that it was because I was awaiting the night of Barry and I's date. Finally the night came, and I was about to puke from nerves.

"Raven, it's going to be fine," Iris assures me as she curls one last strand on my head, setting the curling iron to the side. "Just be yourself and everything will go the way you want it to."

I shake my head softly as the curls bounce on my shoulders. "Iris, I know that I've known Barry for a few months now, but something about this is different. It's like whatever happens tonight decides our fate-"

"Then make things go the way they're supposed to and decide your own fate," Iris reassures me as she grabs the can of hair spray. "Close your eyes."

I do so as she sprays the can all around my head, some of the spray falling onto the back of my eyelids. Before I open my eyes again, I sigh. "I've never been on a date, or anything like this for that matter, before...I don't even know how to act."

"Like I said, act like yourself and it will all fall into place, trust me." I open my eyes then as I stare at myself in the mirror, not being able to recognize myself. It was strange to see myself with curls...especially since I couldn't remember the last time I had them put in my hair. "Don't be worried about what might happen...if anything, I'd be worried about Barry. He's the one who's going to act all flustered when he sees you."

I feel my cheeks grow hot before a smile appears on my face. "I'm just worried that he won't be able to tie his tie..."

Iris laughs, knowing I was right. "I remember Joe always having to tie it for him when we were younger...you'd think after all of the youtube videos he's watched on it that he could do it himself by now."

A laugh escapes my throat before Iris motions for me to stand, which I do. "Let's get you dressed then...are you going for classy yet revealing or just classy?"

I start to answer her before she cuts me off. "Just class-"

"Classy yet revealing it is!" she exclaims while winking, turning back to her closet to dig something out for me. You see, the moment I told Iris about tonight, she insisted on getting me ready and letting me borrow something of hers. I wasn't complaining about it; I needed nice clothes and I wasn't the best at getting myself ready in general.