22. Lost Time

Raven's POV

Raven's POV

"How is this possible?" Iris asks as I lock eyes with my mother, tears beginning to fall down my cheeks. I couldn't answer that question of hers; all I knew in that exact moment was that she was my mother, and she was alive. 

"It took me ages to figure out how to get here, to get to you, but I finally made it," my mother breathes, clutching the black baseball cap she had on in her hands tightly. I can't find any words to say as I'm quickly running towards her, throwing my arms around her in a tight embrace. She drops the cap to the side as she buries her face into my shoulder, a sob escaping her throat. 

"I hate to break up the reunion, but can someone explain to me how this is possible?" Cisco asks, doubt in his voice. It suddenly occurred to me then that they have dealt with trust issues in the past; why would they suddenly up and believe that a random woman from another earth was my mother, who was supposed to be dead?

I pull away then, locking eyes with her. It felt like I could finally breathe again.

"It's hard to explain something that I hardly even understand," she states, her eyes drifting from mine to everyone else behind me. "Might I ask who all of you people are first?"

"They're my friends, my family," I correct myself, a sense of pride coming over me. Without thinking, I turn and introduce everyone to her. It doesn't take me long to explain that they were the people who helped saved me; who helped me discover who I truly was.

Cisco takes a step forwards, arms crosses. "Now that you know who we are, tell us how you got here."

"Like I said, it's something that I can hardly explain," she starts as she glances over at me. "I don't even know where to start."

"Let's start with how you're even alive," Barry says finally, it being one of the first sentences to come from his mouth since she got here. I didn't realize how quiet he had been. 

"I never even died - well, not fully anyways. The night that Zoom took Raven, he killed her father and tried to kill me too. From what I understand, he tried to make it look as if it was suicide; so he put me in a tub filled with water and dropped a curling iron into the water and left as if it was nothing. All I remember is blacking out and waking up hours later, completely fine. At least, until I realized what Zoom had done..."

I lower my eyes at the memory, it still haunting me to this day. Barry crosses his arms as he furrows his eyebrows. "You're a meta, aren't you?"

Without saying any words, I watch as my mother raises her hand, blue lightning dancing between her fingers. It wasn't the same type of lightning that Barry had; she wasn't a speedster. But something about the fact of knowing that she had these powers was something I couldn't wrap my mind around. 

"I didn't know how I got these powers or that I even had them until that night. I still don't even know what I can fully do...all I know is that they kept me alive." My mother pauses before continuing on. "After I came to my senses, I realized that you were gone. I looked everywhere for you, Raven...but I couldn't find you. I couldn't find you anywhere-"