17. Alterations

Raven's POV

Raven's POV

"Knock knock," I hear a familiar voice say as I glance up from my computer, a smile forming on my face to see Iris standing in the doorway. "How is Raven doing on this fine Friday afternoon?"

I glance at the clock. "Hey, shouldn't you be at work?"

She finds a spot next to me on the foot of my bed, some type of pan in her hands. "I got off early, and I had a whole pan of brownies sitting at home that I needed help eating. I thought you were the perfect candidate. Plus, I miss seeing you at work."

A grin forms on my lips. "It's only been two days, Iris."

"Other than Linda, you're my only friend there, Raven." She opens the pan of brownies. "As much as I understand why you haven't been there, I still miss you."

I lean forwards and snatch a brownie from the pan. "And I miss you...mmm, do these have chocolate chips in them?"

"You know it," Iris states as she takes a bite as well, silence wrapping around the two of us as we munch away. The mood in the room goes from bubbly to serious in that moment, I knew that Iris was about to have a heart to heart with me. "How are the tests going?"

I take a deep breath, finishing my brownie. "Alright I guess. Cisco and Caitlin still haven't found anything...and as much as I'm thankful for them spending their time on me, I just wish I could be done with the constant tests."

Iris nods her head slowly. "I understand. But trust me, Raven, you're in good hands here. They'll figure out what's going on with you and fix you, I promise."

I'm silent for a moment before I lick my lips slowly. "I just feel as if my second chance Barry has given me is slipping between my fingers...and I can't stop it."

I study Iris in that moment, noticing her eyes the most. Whenever you spoke to her, you could easily read what was on her mind, just by paying attention to her dark chocolate eyes. After stating how I had felt, I could tell that she felt pain for me; pain for what had happened to me in that other timeline, and pain for me in this timeline.

"I want to keep living, Iris. I want to show the world that Raven Black isn't the same evil that she was brought up to be. I want to show Barry that I won't let this chance go to waste, and most importantly, I don't want Hunter to win. He might be gone, but I want to show him what I am without him; I want to prove to myself that I can be better than who he molded me to be."

Iris takes a deep breath before speaking. "Whatever happens, I can assure you that you have already proved yourself to us and the world, Raven. You've come so far from where you were, and this team couldn't be more proud of you. I couldn't be more proud of you."

Another smile forms on my face in that instant, and a part of me even wanted to cry. I've never really had a true friend until Iris and this team; and it meant more than the world to me.