Chapter One:

Ruka (1)

"Took you guys long enough." I crossed my arms. "It's already dark out!"

"Now, now little sister. A warrior can stay out as long as they'd like." My older brother waved me off.

I picked up some snow and made it into a ball, aiming it at his head and successfully shot.

He turned around but before he could say anything, my younger sister interrupted us.

"Ruka." I turned around and Katara was side by side with a young boy. He was bald and had a blue arrow on his head.

"This is Aang. He's an airbender." She said.

He walked over to me, and I smiled, putting my hand out. "I'm Ruka. Sokka's little sister, but Katara's older sister."

"I'm Aang." He shook my hand. "Uh... a new friend."

"I could always use some new friends." I nodded.

"Alright, introductions over. Time for bed." Sokka said, grabbing my arm and pulling me with him to our house.

"I'll show you where you'll be staying." I heard Katara say.

>>>

The next morning, Sokka and I sat outside of Aang's tent while Katara went to wake him up.

About a minute later, Katara came out of the tent practically dragging Aang out by his arm. "Aang, this is the entire village. Entire village, Aang."

The villagers grew concerned and some held their children closer to them.

I scoffed, whispering to Sokka, "what's a twelve year old going to do?"

"Uh, why are they all looking at me like that?" Aang asked worriedly. "Did Appa sneeze on me?"

Who's Appa?

"Well, no one has seen an airbender in 100 years. We thought they were all extinct until my granddaughter and grandson found you." Gran-Gran said.

"Extinct?"

"Aang, this is my grandmother." Katara introduced.

"Call me gran-gran." She said plainly. Sokka walked over to the two and I followed him.

Sokka yanked Aang's stick thing out of his hands and inspected it, "What is this? Some sort of weapon?" He asked. "You can't stab anything with this."

I smirked, grabbing the stick then stabbing Sokka's head with the end of it. "Hey, stop that!"

Aang whooshed it out of my hands, "It's not for stabbing. It's for airbending."

Suddenly the thing opened up and scared Sokka. Some of the children were intrigued. "Magic trick! Do it again." One said.

"Not magic, airbending. It lets me control the air currents around my glider and fly."

Sokka crossed his arms. "You know, last time I checked, humans can't fly!"

I hit Sokka in the rib and he pouted at me, "what did I do to deserve all this pain today?"