Chapter Two:

Ruka (1)

I had a worried look as Sokka, the village, and I saw Aang and Katara walk up the path.

"Yay, Aang's back!" The children smiled and ran over to him.

Sokka walked forward from the village crowd, pointing to Aang. "I knew it! You signaled to the fire navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?!"

"Aang didn't do anything." Katara defended. "It was an accident."

Aang nodded, "yeah, we were on the ship and there was this booby trap and well... we... we boobied right into it."

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger." My grandmother scolded. "Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. It's my fault." Aang frowned, looking down to the floor.

"Aha! The traitor confesses!" Sokka points. "Warriors, away from the enemy! The foreigner is banished from our village!"

"Sokka, you're making a mistake!" Katara said.

"No, I'm keeping my promise to dad. I'm protecting you and Ruka from threats like him!"

"Aang is not our enemy! Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we've haven't had in a long time. Fun."

"Fun?! We can't fight fire benders with fun!"

"You should try it sometime." Aang smiled. I facepalmed.

"Get out of our village! Now!"

"Grandmother please! Don't let Sokka do this."

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it's best if the air bender leaves."

Katara looked to me with pleading eyes. I sighed, closing my eyes and looking away from her.

"Fine! Then I'm banished too!" She turns around and grabs Aang's arm. "C'mon on Aang, let's go."

"Where do you think you're going?!" Sokka asked.

"To find a water bender. Aang is taking me to the North Pole!" Katara looked behind her and gazed at us.

"I am? Great!" Aang said.

"North Pole." I whispered. "What is she doing?"

"Katara! Would you really choose him over your tribe? Your own family?"

Aang and Katara stopped in their tracks. I shook my head, leaving from the crowd and going back to our home.

Minutes passed and Sokka walked in with a frown. "Hey Ruka."

"She was just going to leave us."

"But she didn't."

Katara walked in with sadness in her eyes.

Sokka looked to us then sighed, "I have to get the warriors ready." When he left, Katara sat next to me.

She put a hand on my shoulder, but I moved it away. "I heard what you said."

"Yeah? Well good." I crossed my arms.