Chapter Thirty-Four:

9k reads ?! Thank you so much !!! Feels like I was just thanking you for 3k reads. Means so much (,:

Ruka (1)

About two days ago, a huge storm broke out. And I mean huge. Sokka got hired by an old, cranky fisherman to go out and catch fish with him.

We needed the money and food, so Sokka took on the job. Katara and I stayed behind with Aang in a cave for shelter. While Sokka was out there, the storm broke out. Every since yesterday, he got really sick. It started with a bad cough and now he has a fever and isn't right in the head right now.

Katara, being her motherly self, gets all close to him and puts a rag on his forehead, basically doing whatever she can to get him to feel better.

As for me, I was staying far away from him as possible. I am not trying to get sick.

Right now, Sokka was laying on Appa in his sleeping bag with Katara by his side. She crawled over to him and put a small rag on his head, "This should bring your fever down."

Sokka was coughing, sweating, shaking, having a runny nose, and basically, it was just not a pretty picture.

"You know what I love about Appa the most?" Sokka started slowly. His voice was somewhat deep since his nose was congested too. "His sense of humor."

"That's nice. I'll tell him." Katara said in a soft voice. Appa roared which caused Sokka to laugh, "Classic Appa."

I had my arms crossed while I leaned on a wall away from them. "You look much better Sokka!"

"I'm back."

I turned my head and Aang came walking in with his staff in hand. "So, Sokka's doing better?"

I shook my head, "I'll let you be judge of that."

Aang frowned while walking over to my siblings. "How's Sokka doing?"

"Not so good." Katara said. "Being out in that storm really did a number on him."

"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea. But I found a map."

I raised my brow and watched Aang kneel down to the floor to lay out the map. I removed myself from the wall then went with Aang. I kneeled down in front of him and looked down at the map.

"There's an herbalist institute on the top of that mountain." Aang turned his head to look out to the mountain and I followed. "We could probably find a cure for Sokka there."

"Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow." Katara said. I shook my head, "But Katara, by the looks-"

Katara began to cough repeatedly and I backed away. "Oh no, no, no. Don't even think about it spirits! I am not next!"

"Not you too." Aang said in a concerned voice.

"Relax. It was just a little cough. I'm fine-" she began to cough again, but this time with a little more force and I put my hands together to pray. "I promise I'll stop feeding Appa more than I feed Momo."

"That's how Sokka started yesterday! Now look at him! He thinks he's an earth bender!"

We turned to Sokka and he weakly punches the air then crosses his arms, "Take that you rock!"

"A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense too." Aang rolled up the map then picked up his staff while standing back up. "I'm going to find some medicine."