Chapter 5

When we got to class Ryan handed a note to our teacher and she told him to take any empty seat, most of them were next to me because no one wanted to sit by me. He was about to sit down next to me when Angel walked over and grabbed his arm saying, "Oh you don't want to sit next to her, come sit next to me there is a chair open." Her name may be Angel but she is anything but, she's slept with half the guys in the school and she was trying to pull Ryan over to the other side of the room when he pulled his arm out of her claws. "I think I'll be fine over here actually thank you for your offer though," Ryan sassed as he sat down next to me, staring at her waiting for her to walk away. She glared at me before going to her seat and I saw her whispering to her friends and looking over in our direction. That's not good she's going to try and do something to win him over to their side (probably flirt more with him to get him to sleep with her or tell some awful lie about me) and if they can't they are going to single him out like they did to me.

I still had the note from before in my hand and I looked down at it remembering that Ryan had wrote something before giving it to me. It was his phone number and it said next to it text me later I get bored at home and you're cool. I couldn't help but smile down at the paper and I took out my phone to save his number. I felt Ryan looking at me while I did it so I sent him a text: it's not nice to stare and I think you're cool too. He felt his phone go off and looked at the message then looked at me and smiled before sending me another message: I wasn't staring, just looking at my new friend. But we better pay attention to the lesson before we get caught I'd rather not get in trouble on my first day. I couldn't of agreed more so I turned my attention to the lesson and started taking notes.

A few more classes later and I was still in a good mood because I had a new friend. It was time for lunch though and I didn't really like having to sit in the cafeteria because when I got my food people would always try to trip me and make me spill my food or they would start with the name calling or try throwing my stuff in the trash if I left my bag at the table where I would sit alone. I wish they would all just leave me alone I did nothing to them. I got my food, avoided everyone trying to trip me and made it to my table and started eating while putting my earbuds in so I wouldn't have to hear all of the insults. I was scrolling through my phone when it buzzed in my hand. I got another text from Ryan: are you going to look up from your phone and talk to me or am I just going to sit here in silence the entire time. I looked up and he was sitting in front of me laughing at my face because I wasn't expecting him to be sitting here. He made a little pulling motion near his head and I realized I still had my earbuds in, I pulled them out and threw them in my pocket with my phone. He looked at me and said, "So what were you listening to?" I looked back at my phone because I had already forgotten what I was listening to, "Um Second Chance by Shinedown. It's one of my favorite songs," I guess meeting Ryan could be considered my second chance at being happy also. He smiled at that (why is this boy always smiling?!) and replied, "That's my favorite Shinedown song even though I only know like three." We continued talking about music and he asked if I would wait for him after school and we could head out together since we go the same way, at least to the park that is I don't know where he lives from there, and I said yes and told him to meet me at my locker when the last bell rang, just as lunch was ending. We walked to class together since we had science with each other next.