Chapter 9

When we got to the park he asked where I wanted to sit and I just smirked and told him to follow me. I made my way to the tree line and kept going making my way to the clearing that I love so much. When we got there I turned around and spread my arms out wide like I was saying ta-da! and he laughed at me but it wasn't like other people laughing at me it was because I actually was joking around this time. He laid the blanket out and got our food and drinks out from the backpack. He had packed us sandwiches, chips and a couple waters. After we ate he laid down and looked up at the clouds and I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing him cloud-gazing, he knew what I was doing and glanced over at me before staying still for me to draw, I got about halfway into the drawing when I realized he had fallen asleep. I finished the sketch real quick then put away my book and pulled out my phone to play music because I don't want to wake him up. I got up and stretched as the song started, it was Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, it's a really good song I like it, when it got to the chorus I heard another voice other than the singers and realized Ryan was actually awake still and he was singing and looking at me.

"If I lay here, if j just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world. Come lay back on the blanket and forget the world with me." I smiled and laid down breathing in the fresh air and just being happy. This has so far been the best day ever in a long time and I never want it to end! "Forget what we're told, before we get too old, show me a garden that's, bursting into life." He kept singing, after a few songs I could feel myself dozing off and sat up wanting to do something, Ryan sat up too, "What's wrong Ruby? Is your head hurting? Do you want to go back?" I laughed, "I'm feeling fine I just want to do something. I want to play games and watch movies and just do something fun so yeah I guess if you want we could go back." He started laughing and got up, I grabbed the blanket and folded it shoving it into the bag along with the trash we had from lunch.

We headed back to Ryan's house and he started digging in a box pulling out a stack of DVDs, "So what do you want to watch, we have Harry Potter, Disney, Marvel and a few others?" I smirked, "Disney. And you have to sing along with all the songs with me!" He just started laughing at that replying, "Of course I'm going to sing along to the songs I love Disney movies, okay you pick one to start with and I'll go make some popcorn." He walked out of the room and I head over to the stack of movies. I saw what he had and I knew immediately what to start with even if it didn't really have a lot of songs in it it was still my favorite Disney movie.

Ryan walked back with a big bowl of popcorn in his hands asking, "So what did you decide on watching first Ruby?" I turned around showing him that I was holding Big Hero 6 and smiling, "This is my favorite Disney movie, and it may not have a lot of songs to sing to like the others but it has an amazing story and Fall Out Boy," he laughed at that, "I had a feeling you were going to pick that and it's not just because of Fall Out Boy, is it?" He got me. "No, it's not. It's because the story is about how to deal with depression and help it, it's showing how someone so happy with their life can have their world crumble around them and can fix it and I love that Disney made a movie showing depression as a real thing and not just playing it off as someone being sad all the time." As I had been talking he hugged me and put the movie in then he came back and said, "Last hug!" And I started laughing because they say that in the movie and it was cute, I didn't want to let go of him because I felt my world piecing itself back together whenever he hugged me or made me laugh. We let go and sat on the couch under a blanket with the popcorn in between us (I think I ate most of the popcorn) and when the song did come on we were ready singing it together "I try to picture me without you but I can't, cause we could be immortals!" And it was amazing, I was starting to feel like my old self again laughing (even though it still hurt to laugh I didn't care) and smiling, at one part he made a pun and I threw popcorn at him for his cheesy jokes and because I didn't think of it first! I will never forget this day it has been great!