Chapter 8

Waking up in the comfiest bed ever with Ryan's dad shaking my shoulder slightly, I was momentarily confused then I started feeling the bruise on my nose throbbing and remembered what happened yesterday. I groaned and rolled over trying to block out my life when Ryan's dad said, "I am not going to force you to go to school after what happened but if you are going to go you need to get up." I didn't want to but I decided I better so Ryan wouldn't be alone in that hellhole, sitting up Charles continued saying, "I washed your clothes and got the stains out of your hoodie and shirt, they are on the counter in the bathroom. I'm going to go make sure Ryan woke up before I leave for work, I hope to see you again hopefully when you aren't all bruised up from bullies. Have a good day Ruby." He walked out and I could hear Ryan groaning from the room across the hall, I walked out and down the hall to the bathroom and changed getting ready for the day. My face looked terrible, well worse than usual anyway, I had a black eye like I knew I would, the bruises were a darker purple and blue than yesterday, my arms had bruises from where I tried blocking Cole's hits, and my lip had a gash in it. It all looked like it hurt and if I moved too much it did hurt so if Ryan tried making me laugh today it was going to hurt. I walked out as Ryan was coming out of his room dressed and yawning, he looked over at me and smiled asking me if I wanted coffee, he didn't say anything about how awful my face looked with the bruises which I knew it did. We walked downstairs and he started making us the individual coffee cups, "Want some more medicine or does your head feel okay today," and he pushed a cup in front of me and started making his own, before I answered I took a gulp of my coffee, it tasted like hazelnut and vanilla, and it burned my split lip to where I had to jerk away from my cup. It hurt so bad! He noticed me trying to get away from my cup and went to the freezer, "You want some ice? Either for your coffee or your lip, it looks like it opened again," I nodded and put some ice in my cup to cool down my coffee, "You don't have to go to school today, dad said I could skip today if you decided you didn't want to go and wanted someone around." I looked up at him, Ryan is so sweet I don't deserve a friend this amazing! "I don't think I'm going to go today I should let my face heal a little at least before going back, you don't have to skip school for me though I don't want to do that to you." He looked at me and said, "I don't want to leave you alone. I know how it is to get bullied Ruby, I was bullied at my old school because I'm homosexual. It's not something anyone should have to go through alone. I am here for you, whatever you want to do today I will back you up." I could feel a tear fall down my face, I haven't felt this way in a while and I don't even know how to describe it I just feel like I can trust him completely like whatever I say to him is safe and won't be said to anyone else. "I have known you for a day and feel like we've been best friends for years, you have been better to me than most of my friends ever were. I am so glad to of met you Ryan!" He smiled and pulled me into a hug saying he felt the same way but I wasn't done yet, "You came to my rescue when I needed you most, and I don't care if you are homosexual, I still think you are an amazing person and I am the luckiest person ever to of bumped into you." He hugged me tighter and all morning we stayed at his house and played video games, I think he was letting me win even though I told him not to go easy on me. Then in the afternoon I told him I wanted to go to the park and he packed a blanket and a few things for us to eat into a backpack saying that we were going to have a picnic then over there and come back when I wanted. We headed out after he locked the door and made our way to the park.