Chapter 16

"Are you almost ready to go home? I'm ready to see Dad," I called out to Ryan as I zipped up my suitcase. School was over for the year and so we were going to surprise Dad and go down for a week, then come back and get back to work. Ryan comes into my room grabs my suitcase, "If you are in that big of a rush let's go then," and started heading to the car. We were going to road trip back home because neither of us could afford plane tickets, it was fun though we jammed out to music, traded out driving so the other wouldn't get stuck doing it the entire time, and just had a pretty fun trip. While I wasn't driving I would text my friend Jonathan, he was another gamer but we didn't show our faces to him yet. I was becoming pretty good friends with Jon though, and I might show him once we get back. Both of us had recorded extra videos so that we wouldn't have to bring all of our equipment with us while back in Colorado, so I uploaded one of mine real fast before I traded out with Ryan to drive.

A few hours later we showed up and pulled into the driveway, getting out we ran to the door and rang the bell. When dad answered the door he was so surprised and happy to see us, he pulled Ryan into a massive hug and then he hugged me, spinning me around like I was a little girl. It was good to be back, of course we have been down for holidays but it was even better to not have to worry about homework while we were down. The sun was getting close to setting so while dad was making dinner Ryan and I Skyped our friends Jon and Matt (cameras off of course, the only face we saw on screen was Jon) and we started playing prop hunt on our computers. Jon and I were on a team trying to find Ryan and Matt when I heard an explosion and I heard Jon yelling, I looked over at the Skype call and saw him yelling at Matt and he was telling me that Matt had been a can that was in between the couch and the wall (that cheater!). I found him after he changed places and I found Ryan who had been stuck as a car in another car. The next round was starting and Jon was messing with his blue hair trying to make it cooperate but he just succeeded in making it stick up. We played a few more rounds before dinner was done then said goodbye to our friends. After dinner dad wanted to watch a movie with us, so we started our marathon of Marvel movies which was going to take a bit of time, so I got comfy and leaned against Ryan as my pillow. Once it was getting late I could feel myself nodding off, I was awoken very early this morning by Ryan, so a couple scenes later into Captain America and I was out.

I woke up in my bed the next morning with sunlight coming through my window. I couldn't help but think 'Why am I awake? It is too early to be up!' then Dad walks in, "If you want breakfast you better get up before your brother eats everything." I sat up groaning and stretching, then headed down to see that there were waffles and bacon on the counter. After eating all of us continued to watch movies, we don't need to do a lot to be happy we just want to be together.

Later when it was night there was one place I wanted to go, dragging Ryan out we started walking the route that we walked almost everyday a year and a half ago. We were coming up to the park and I could feel the peacefulness of all the trees. We saw headlights behind us driving on the road so we weren't completely in peace yet, we waited for the lights to pass and they got closer and closer. The next thing I knew I was being tossed into the air, when I hit the ground again my entire body was in pain, looking back at the truck that hit us I recognized it. I looked around frantically for Ryan and when I saw him I crawled over but I was losing consciousness. Ryan was knocked out from the hit and he was bleeding, I could see the edges of my vision going dark and I grabbed Ryan's hand before my world went to black.