Chapter 12

After that day no one dared to hurt either one of us, mostly because the other one would come back and beat them up way worse. It was great the way people were scared to insult us, that they would run in the opposite direction if they were alone in a place with us, but really as long as Ryan wasn't hurt I would be smiling and laughing at everything. Of course I did have to go back to my house through the front door sometimes and when I did I would hear stuff like, "Were you at your boyfriend's house again? You better not get pregnant with your little whore ass because I'm not taking care of some kid because you couldn't keep your legs closed!!" Or, "You need to stop eating so much fat ass, no wonder why no one cares about you!" Again, I've never even had my first kiss or a boyfriend, I've only ever had a boy friend. It's quite annoying now to hear them, and what they say doesn't bother me anymore because why should I care what a couple of drunks think of me? I just walk up to my room and then sneak out to go to Ryan's, where I know I'm welcome.

Over the last month and a half we've gotten even closer, we consider each other brother and sister and I've started calling Charles dad, because I can and because he's practically adopted me into the family. He's great, so much better than my father, because any guy could be a father but not all of them can be a dad. We have movie/game nights, play video games and try distracting the other person into losing, and Ryan goes to the mall with me sometimes. (Of course he complains about it, but I think he secretly likes going with me!)

Tonight was a beautiful night so I dragged Ryan outside to stargaze, we climbed to the roof because his roof had a flat area that was perfect for looking to the sky. We laid out the blanket and pillows that we took and got comfy, pointing to the different constellations that we knew. We stayed out just about as long as we could, that is until dad told us to come inside and go to sleep. (I love calling him dad because he's been so good to me!) It was about 1:30 when he called us down, so we said good night and I slept in my room over here tonight.

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter was so short, this will probably be my only author note, if you have read the story thank you so much!! The next few chapters are going to be a fast forward of the important moments of high school and part of college if not more, and they might be a bit short also but I am trying to get them into the future without a massive time jump. Buckle up though because this story is far from over.