Chapter 11

In the morning I jumped out of bed, actually excited about school, I ran around my house singing to my music as I got dressed and once I was ready I turned off my music, grabbed my bag and ran out the back door making my way to the gate to wait on Ryan. I knew I had gone too fast but I couldn't help it, I was back, the real me is present again and nothing can stop her! Less than five minutes later, Ryan walks out his door and joins me at the fence, "Well this is a change from Thursday. You seem excited about going to school today, how's your face feel?" I laughed, "I'm excited about school today because I feel like my old self, the me that was always happy and fought back if bullied! And my face still has the bruises but they don't hurt unless I touch them," I said as we started walking. "What changed to make you feel like your old self?" He looked at me as we walked waiting for my answer and I smiled over to him replying, "What changed is that now I have a best friend that brought me back from the edge, you're the one that helped me by being the one person to believe in me and that's all I needed. Let's see Cole try to take a hit on me today!" I was pumped! Nothing was going to bring me down from how on top of the world I felt. Cole was going to regret ever hitting me!

We got to school and made our way to our lockers to grab our textbooks so we could chill in the library, their was a small group in front of my locker I couldn't tell who it was with their back to me but if I had to guess I would say it was Cole and his thugs (they remind me of Crabbe and Goyle from Harry Potter. So stupid and only rely on their toughness), I didn't care though I just walked right up to them and opened my locker. "We missed you Friday bitch, your little boyfriend too, I would like to repay him the favor he gave my nose." His breath on the back of my neck as he whispered in my ear made me tense up, but I grabbed my books and turned around to face him. His nose apparently had been broken and he had a few light bruises on his face, whereas my bruises were blue, I still had a black eye, and I didn't give a crap about his broken nose, "You know Cole? That's actually an improvement to your face, and you wanna know what could make your face even better? Getting out of mine!" Yes! My sarcasm and sass are back, Cole looked livid and shocked that I was was actually opening my mouth and talking back to him. Ryan was standing at the end of the hall frozen, waiting to see if Cole would throw a punch but he didn't, I didn't give him a chance to because I just kicked my locker closed with my foot and walked over to Ryan without even turning back to the see their expressions.

The entire day went pretty uneventfully and it was great. I did my homework 1st and 2nd period with Ryan googling stuff that neither of us knew then in class everyone would shoot us glances and whisper but we just sent each other texts whenever the teacher wasn't paying attention. I can tell they are starting more rumors but honestly, I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks right now! I have my best friend who makes me laugh at lunch, stands up for me, and is a huge dork that watches Disney movies with me, before I could lie down and die and no one would care except to kick me while I'm down but now Ryan has given me a reason to pick myself up and fight back against those that want to watch me crash and burn. I will never be able to thank Ryan enough for showing me what a true friend is like. And I hope that we are best friends till we both die.

After the last bell rang I put up my books and started heading over to Ryan's locker on the other side of the hallway so we could walk home together when I was grabbed again, this time I kicked and bit the person holding me but they didn't let me go still. They took me outside again where the circle formed around me and I was thrown to the ground (ow my arms!) but I stood up waiting for one of them to step forward and start the fight match. They didn't and a few minutes later I saw that someone else was being dragged outside by two people, it was Ryan. He was being dragged by Cole and his other thug and he had blood on his face, the crowd parted and let them in the circle as they threw Ryan to the ground next where I was standing. My blood was boiling and Cole was looking like he won a trophy, when he walked over and kicked Ryan smirking at me, tauntingly like what are you going to do about it, I lost it and jumped on him. I tackled him to the ground and started punching him as hard as I could and when he would cover his face I would start punching him in the ribs. I was dragged off of Cole by his thugs but I wasn't finished they were going to get it too, I kneed one in the crouch then when he let go of my arm I punched his friend in the throat and once that one let go of me I turned back to the first goon and grabbed his head and hit it against my knee. All three of them were looking at me scared, Cole was holding his ribs (I may or may not of broke a couple), thug #2 was holding his throat trying to catch his breath, and thug #1 had a hand on his forehead and his crouch, I gave all three of them the death glare before saying loud enough for the entire crowd to hear me, "I want all of you to hear me loud and clear! If anyone beats up Ryan, I will not hesitate to break your bones and send you to a hospital! GOT IT?!" Then I walked over to Ryan, who was still conscious and helped him up, putting his arm over my shoulder. When we got to the ring of people they ran, probably so they wouldn't get punched, and I helped Ryan home and nursed him like he did to me until his dad got home.