Chapter 13

"You have to go to prom, it's your senior prom!" Ryan was trying to convince me to get all dressed up and go to prom after I told him I didn't want to go. He was relentless though about it, won't take no for an answer, right now he's trying to push me into the car to go dress shopping. I give up, he's been trying to convince me all week but he was going to pay for making me get all dressed up, prom night I'm not going to let him stop dancing unless his feet are bleeding. So I climbed in the car with a sigh, and Ryan smiled and drove us to the mall. I tried on dresses for hours and basically did a fashion show for him, when I finally found the perfect dress I fell in love with it. It was dark blue with one strap, bejeweled at the waist, and went down just past my knees which I liked because I didn't want a long dress but I didn't want a dress at my butt either. I came out the dressing room for Ryan twirling and he smiled, he could tell I liked this one (funnily enough he picked this one out). Then we went looking at shoes and I found these sparkly silver flats that matched the jewels on the dress(perfect to dance all night in), once we payed we left the store and went to the food court for lunch before heading home.

The day of prom was insane! I was shaken awake by Ryan telling me to get up so he could work on my hair I just rolled over and put my pillow over my face though, and he started tickling me to get me up. (Rude, ever heard of beauty sleep!) But I sat up and he told me to change into a button down so I wouldn't mess up my hair afterward after I did he started straightening, curling, and pinning it up. About two hours later he finished with all of that and then came the hairspray. It felt like he was using an entire can, but actually it was probably only half. I was still so tired I probably fell asleep as he was yelling to his dad because I didn't understand a word he had just said. Then I was startled by something touching my face and I almost knocked over the coffee cup in our dad's hand that he was trying to hand me, I took it and drank half of it in one gulp then I noticed there was someone else in my room, "Ruby this is our neighbor Becca, none of us know how to do makeup so I called her. She's going to make you look less tired," Dad joked. I greeted Becca and she got started after I finished my coffee, telling me when to close my eyes, when to look up for mascara (which I was scared of because that thing was very close to my eye!!), and when to open my mouth to put on the lip stain. Once I finally got to see myself in the mirror I didn't recognize myself, I mean I saw myself but more...... I don't even know the word, dressy? Defined? Either way it wasn't me, even if I looked beautiful, I don't think I will do makeup very often. And Ryan did great on my hair it looks amazing! Becca helped me get my dress on because she wouldn't let Ryan in the room till I was finished, when he was allowed in he was wearing a suit with a dark blue tie, matching my dress, and a corsage in his hand which he put on my wrist. He was grinning ear to ear and so was I, we looked great and I loved it!! He put his arm out for me, I took it and we walked down the stairs together, posing of course for dad at the bottom. The photo shoot went on for a while moving from the stairs to outside to back inside in front of the fireplace. I have never had so many pictures taken of me in my life! Then Becca took a few of the three of us, I love this picture because it's like a family photo, I am so happy today it's not even real everything is perfect even though I didn't want to go at first.

When we got to prom we took a few more pictures traditional prom style and then danced all night. At first while slow dancing we were fighting to lead because I'm not used to dancing with guys when I did dance before it was with my friends. But after a few songs I let him lead and he would twirl me and dip me and do really fun dance moves that we probably couldn't repeat again. It was so much fun!! After we got home at like 1:30, because we had decided to walk home through the park for more night time pictures that I loved and told him to send me, he helped me get all the pins out of my hair and unzipped me while I wiped off the makeup and then I changed and went to bed.