Chapter 14 - Remarking.

Hadrian and Tom appeared in the meeting room of Riddle Manor, every member of the Inner Circle was sitting together in a large group and talking with one another.

"We're back!" Hadrian yelled, this startled nearly everyone already in the room, most of them falling of the chairs or laps they were sitting in. Hadrian smirked when he witnessed this and he heard Tom laughing beside him.

"Did you have announce it that loudly?" Draco asked as he sat up from where he had fallen from Charlie's lap onto the floor.

"I thought it would be funny to see how many of you reacted, I have to say it was more then I thought it would be." Hadrian said, he could no longer hold in his laughter.

"James may not be his real father but he is a Marauder in the making." Sirius said with a grimace.

Remus nodded. "And Merlin help us all if that happens." Remus finished with a sigh, it was enough trouble dealing with James, Sirius and Peter (Hadrian seemed to be even worse then them combined.

"By the way where is the little rat, I haven't seen him around?" Sirius asked, it was true none of them had seen Peter Pettigrew around them and they knew he was a member of the Inner Circle.

"Dumbledore was right about one thing, he does have a spy in my ranks but it was never Severus." Tom explained with a smirk firmly on his face.

"You mean Peter? The person who led you Lily and James Potter because of the Prophecy?" Hadrian asked shocked, this was a turn he was not expecting.

"The very same." Tom said.

"But why?" Remus asked, if Peter had been spying for Dumbledore then he knew of Sirius' imprisonment as well as his innocence and did nothing about it. Dumbledore was only digging himself in deeper.

"It was all part of Dumbledore's plan, Lily and James were beginning to see that Hadrian was not really their son and looking for the real parents of the baby they had been given. Dumbledore couldn't have that so he arranged that fake Prophecy for me, got Peter to pretend to be loyal to me so I could kill them and then he could place you with whoever he wanted." Tom explained, once it was said out loud it made a lot more sense to those in the room.

"Dumbledore had this in the works over 16 years ago, everything that he has ever said has been a lie." Remus sighed, he had stopped teaching because Dumbledore had told him he was too dangerous and he had taken the Wolfsbane Potion because that old man had told him it was the right thing to do.

"Seems that way." Hadrian said with a sigh, he had felt disgusted with himself when he realised how blindly he followed that old man based on what he has been learning. "By the way Tom, when are you going to remark your Inner Circle?" Hadrian asked as he turned to look at Tom.

"I was actually thinking of doing it today, there will be a little pain for those who have the old Dark Mark as I will have to remove it, but the new one will go on with no pain." Tom explained, this confused those around the table.

"What are you two talking about?" Bill asked, everyone nodded.

"Well I have been thinking of removing the Dark Mark from my Inner Circle and replacing it with something. As you have seen the Light have a spell that would reveal even a hidden Mark, with this one they would never even know that it was meant to be a mark." Tom explained to them.

"That actually makes sense." Charlie muttered. Charlie, Bill, Remus and Sirius had all taken the Mark when they had proved their loyalty to Tom, but because the Light would never think of them as being Dark they had never performed the spell on them. Now that they have appeared with those who are known to be Dark they would be checked.