Chapter 9

Caitlin's P.O.V.

"I should go, it's getting late" I said standing up.

I had been here at Derek's all day. 

"Yea" He said.

I began limping "Did you happen to bring me in my car?" I asked.

"It's right outside, I'll walk you" He jumped up from sitting on the couch. He walked to me and helped me out.

~

"So you didn't get any of the assignments?" Stiles questioned.

I nervously chuckled "Uh no"

"Well then where were the entire school day?" Stiles exclaimed waving his hands in the air.

I pressed my lips into a thin line "I was out" I smiled innocently.

"Hey Stiles come on" Scott pulled Stiles into the library leaving me behind.

I walked away. I approached Danny who was by his locker "Hey there"

He continued getting books from his locker and transporting them into his backpack "Hey"

"How are you feeling?" I asked. 

"Good, how about you?"

"Better" I said with a nod.

He closed his locker and we began walking to class.

"So are you finally going to explain why you ran out on me the other day"

"Uh yes" I said in a chirpy tone "Later on, promise" I walked away heading to class.

~

After lunch I explained everything to Danny. Safe to say he was excited, not so excited because all he knows about Derek Hale is that he's this bad guy. 

"Alright, well I'm gonna go find my idiot brother who I heard got detention" I rolled my eyes "Which isn't a surprise to me"

"Okay, I'll text you later" Danny said as he walked away.

I dragged to the library where I knew they would be. I was looking down at my phone as I walked in. I put it away and looked up to see horror. Jackson was standing in front of a chalk board. He was half transformed into a kanima. He wrote Stay out of my way or I will kill all of you.

He turned to me cocking his head sideways. His eyes were piercing mine.

"Caitlin!" I heard Stiles yell from a book aisle.

I froze. Jackson turned and ran out as he broke a window in the process. I heard talking but I froze completely. I finally ran to an aisle and saw Stiles holding Erica while Scott was on the other side of her. I looked at the next aisle and saw Allison checking on Matt who was passed out.

"He's alive" Allison said in relief. 

"Hey we need to get her to a hospital" Stiles said.

"Derek, only to Derek" Erica said in between breaths.

My eyes landed on Erica as she said it. Seriously? Why does she need Derek?

"When we get her to a hospital-" Scott began to tell Allison.

"To Derek" Erica said interrupting him.

"Go" Allison said. Scott ran up and to her side.

I only stood there still frozen like a popsicle. 

Scott grabbed onto Erica and began to run to the door.

"Hey are you okay?" Stiles asked frantically and in a concerned tone.

"Yea, just a little freaked but yea"

Scott ran passed us "Okay, come on" Stiles grabbed onto my hand as we ran out of the library.

~

I stood outside of the subway cart biting on my finger nails. No matter how much I hate Erica I don't want her to die. Do I? I shook my head, no I don't. My attention turned to the cart as I heard Erica screaming. Ugh, so glad I'm not in there. The screaming subsided as Derek walked out.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked turning to Derek.

"Yea, she'll be fine. How is your ankle?" He asked as he walked up to me and asking in a concerned tone.

"Good, not limping as much anymore" A hint of a smile quirked at the corner of my mouth.

I noticed Scott was standing in front of the doorway to the cart. I walked passed Derek then passed Scott to get into the cart. I saw Stiles holding onto Erica. She was passed out. I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed. I was scared of Jackson, especially because he is the kanima. A deadly reptile.

~

"Oh what the hell is this?" Dad asked as he took a bite of his food.

"Veggie burger" Stiles said as he assorted out the food.

"Stiles I asked for a hamburger" Dad complained.

"I wanted a hamburger too dad" I complained.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy" He happily held up a salad.

Dad sighed as he opened the container that was suppose to have fries "Oh hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"

I snickered softly, there was carrots and celery instead of fries.

"Okay, I'm trying to extend your life okay" He said holding his drink in his hand "Could you just eat it please?" He pleaded "And tell me what you found" He said leaning back on his chair.

"No, I'm not sharing confidential place work with two teenagers"

I was sitting on the couch next to them. My phone rang that a text message came in. I bit into my veggie burger and began to text Danny. I heard Stiles and Dad talking but I tuned them out as I was texting Danny.

~

"So you are going to the rave?" Danny asked me as we walked in the hallway.

"Yea, why not? I mean the entire school is going" I said shrugging my shoulders.

I felt a tug on my arm and was being pulled into a classroom. I planted my feet on the ground after being pulled "Scott?" I asked as I looked around in the empty chemistry room "What's going on?"

"Sorry but I gotta ask you something"

"And you had to pull me into an empty chemistry lab to do it?" I asked.

He hesitated "Uh right sorry"

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Do you have feelings for Derek?"

My eyes widened "What? Pff Derek? No way, why would you think I do?" I stopped myself from rambling on.

"I could hear your heart beating quickly"

"I hate how you werwolves can sense that" I muttered under my breath.

"And because I heard the way he was so concerned about you that day we took Erica to his place. Also I saw the way you were looking at him"

I took in a hard swallow, no one knows besides Danny not even Stiles "And what if I do like Derek?"

Scott sighed "Look Caitlin it's not a good idea"

I looked at him confused "Why not?"

"Because he's an alpha and he's Derek Hale, he's dangerous"

"He's not dangerous Scott"

"He is, it's not a good idea Caitlin"

I scoffed "Who are you my brother?" I walked out of the classroom trying to find Danny but he was gone already. I began walking to class.