Chapter 35

Caitlin's P.O.V.

My plan had miserably failed to get into the school. But it was finally over, everyone was okay. The next day I walked into the police station. I walked over to Parrish's desk, he was working on paperwork "Hey"

"Hey" He said as he looked up at me. He stood up to put a file away.

"So what's going on with you? Yesterday you seemed completely out of it"

Parrish closed the file desk. He turned to me and looked at me for a few seconds. He signaled me to follow him. I followed him to dad's office and walked in. Just as I turned around Parrish was closing the door "What's going on"

"There's another list from the dead pool"

"I haven't seen it yet"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds "Well I'm on it"

My mouth practically flew open "Wow, I did not see that coming. What exactly are you?"

"I don't know, but apparently I'm worth 5 million dollars"

"Wow"

The door opened and dad walked in "I need my deputy"

I nodded "Yea, he's all yours. Not that he was ever mine" I nervously chuckled "Because he's not.." I softly finished, again I nervously chuckled.

Parrish and dad walked out of the room.

~

I walked into Scott's house. Stiles, Scott, Kira, and Liam were surrounding the table. They had laptops in front of them. I walked towards them and listened in to the conversation.

"He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead" Stiles said.

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool but you can't send the proof?" Scott asked.

"You don't get paid" Kira spoke up.

"But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asked.

I walked closer and stood next to Stiles "He still needs to know if the target is really dead" Scott said.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list" Stiles said.

"So, if he wants visual confirmation" Liam started off.

"He's going to have to come get it himself" Scott said.

We were all thinking the same thing. Everyone began looking around then eyes landed on me. I scoffed "Oh no, no way I'm not doing it"

"I'll do it" Scott said "This is the one way were going to get the benefactor, we have to do this right"

~

Stiles, Kira, Liam, and I were in a room with the laptops. Stiles was talking on the phone with Argent. Stiles pressed the space bar making the three laptops lite up, we were using them as monitors. We could see everything. We watched the monitors for awhile. Suddenly one camera blacked out.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam asked pointing to it.

"No, no it's not" Stiles said.

"Where is that?" Kira asked.

"The roof, someone's gonna have to check it out" Stiles said.

"I'll go" Kira took a step forward.

"Whoa, woah. This might not just be a malfunction" Stiles said.

"That's why I'm bringing this" Kira said as she pulled out her sword.