Chapter 15

Caitlin's P.O.V.

"Are you sure your okay?"

"Dad, I'm fine seriously. If it hadn't been for Danny shielding me I probably wouldn't have been okay"

Dad looked at Danny who was standing right next to me "Okay" He nodded his head and walked away. Pretty soon we were able to leave the classroom.

I ended up in the library working on some homework to get my mind off of what happened. I looked up and tapped my pen on my notebook over and over again. I was staring at the book aisle. I was staring at a certain book that was sticking out, I kept staring at it. Suddenly it flew out of the shelf and fell to the floor.

I stopped tapping my pen and leaned my head back. I looked around then looked at the aisle, no one was around. I stood up and walked over to it picking it up. I stared at the book wondering how it could fly off the shelf by itself. I put it back on the shelf and walked back to the table.

~

I was sitting in my room working on homework when I heard rustling coming from Stiles's room. I walked over and opened the door.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Do I look fine?" He asked turning to me.

I snickered a laugh "Yea, why?"

"I'm going to Heathers birthday party with Scott" He explained.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"Because it's Heather, I haven't seen her in years"

"Alright, have a good time" I said before I walked out.

~

The next day at school I was walking through the hallway. I entered a room where Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Allison, and Derek were at. I walked in and approached them as they were talking. Stiles was sitting on top of a desk while Derek and Scott were standing across Lydia and Allison.

"Seeing patterns that aren't there" Lydia pointed out.

I walked over and stood next Derek.

"It's a subset of apophenia"

Derek turned to Scott "They're just trying to help" Scott pointed out.

"These two" Derek began "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle" He said pointing to Lydia "Thank you, and this one" He moved pointing to Allison "Who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack"

Allison was giving him the same look I was giving him the first time I met him.

"Okay, alright now come on" Stiles began "No one died alright? Look, there may have been a little maiming okay, a little mangling but no death. That's what I call an important distinction"

"My mother died" Allison pointed out.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me" Allison shot me with a straight face "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you"

Okay, Allison is seriously getting on my nerves right now.

"You wanna help? Find something real" Derek said to her. He turned and began walking to the door.

Scott went after him but I stayed still. I glanced at Allison as she was glancing at Lydia then around the room.

I felt some sort of anger. It was a feeling I suddenly got and couldn't shake. I looked at Allison and that feeling got stronger. But the one thing that confused me was that I wasn't feeling angry. I was feeling someone else's anger. Everyone left the room leaving me standing there.

~

I was trying to decide if I should tell Derek what has been going on. First my weird dream, then the book flying off the shelf, then feeling anger that wasn't mine.

"Hey, you okay?" Derek asked me in a concerned voice.

I whipped my head up to him. I was sitting on his couch while he was leaning against the table. 

"Yea" I cleared my throat "Yea of course"

He walked up to me and sat down next to me "Your a bad liar, and I wasn't even listening to your heart beat"

I turned my body to him "I just, I feel like theres something wrong with me"

"What's going on?" He asked scooting closer to me.

I took a swallow before I spoke up "I've been having a few bad dreams every night for the passed couple days. I was in the library staring at a book and all of a sudden it flies off. Then when we were all talking in the classroom I was feeling angry, but I wasn't actually angry it was like I was feeling someone else's anger"

He didn't respond right away.

Maybe I could prove it to him "Here, hold on"

I looked at the glass that was sitting on the table. I stared at it really hard trying to make it fall. After a few minutes nothing happened.

"Cait" He spoke up.

"Ugh, you don't believe me" I looked away and glanced down.

"No Caitlin, it's not that"

I looked at him "I'm not crazy I promise"

"No your not. But how is any of that possible?"

"How are werewolves possible?"

He chuckled "Right. We'll figure it out" He grabbed my hand and with his other hand he pressed on my back for comfort.

~

They found Boyd. They finally found where they were Boyd was at. Derek and Scott left to the national bank. While Stiles and I stayed at Derek's place, with Peter. Stiles was standing at the window while Peter was sitting comfortably on the couch. I was sitting on top of the metal table swinging my legs back and forth. I was sitting there for awhile until I decided to lay on the bed. I laid down for awhile listening to Stiles and Peter talk. Stiles was being a little detective again, trying to piece a few things together.

I turned around but still laid on the bed. I was watching them piece stuff together. I stood up from the bed and walked over to them. My heart was pounding when Stiles called Scott.

"Scott! Scott! No, listen to me okay. Look you gotta get out of there. Look the walls of the vault are made with a mineral called hecatolite. It scatters the moonlight" Stiles spoke over the speaker phone.

"What does that mean?" Scott asked over the phone.

"Look it keeps the moonlight out okay? They haven't felt the full moon in months" Stiles explained.

"Think of it like the gladiators in the roman colosseum. They used to starve the lions for three days, making them more vicious more out of control" Peter explained "Deucalion has kept them from shifting for three full moons diminishing their tolerance to it"

"Scott, they're gonna be stronger" Stiles added in.

"More savage, more bloodthirsty, Scott they're the lions. They're the starved lions and you and Derek just stepped into the colosseum" Peter said.

Suddenly we heard roaring over the phone, I approached Stiles "Scott!" I yelled over the phone.

The line cut off "Scott!" Stiles yelled.

"Oh my god" I began to walk back and forth "We have to go get them, we have to go"

"Do you want to get ripped apart by Boyd because that's what will happen"

"Derek and Scott are going to get killed!" I exclaimed.

"And you will too" Peter said standing in front of me "Best thing for us to do is wait until we hear from either of them"

Author's Note:

What's going on with Caitlin? Who knows but we shall find out soon!

Thank you for reading my story.