Chapter 33

Caitlin's P.O.V.

I spent the rest of the afternoon at the station, by the time I knew it night had arrived. My phone began to ring and I grabbed it. I walked away as I answered it.

"Hey" I answered.

"Hey, are you coming to Lydia's party?" Danny questioned.

"I'm still at the station"

Danny whined "Oh come on I haven't seen you all day"

I glanced towards dad's office "Yea I know, but I have a feeling things are going to get interesting. I'll try to make it to her party"

Danny sighed "Alright"

"Bye" I said as I hung up.

I put my phone away and walked over to dad's office. I walked in to see Derek and dad talking.

"I still don't get how this guy has no mouth. How can he eat?" I noticed he was holding onto something.

"Peter didn't get a chance to ask. He was fighting him off with a tomahawk buried in his chest"

I walked in further "Wait this is the axe murderer, that's his?" I asked pointing to what dad was pointing to.

Derek nodded as dad spoke "Who runs around with a tomahawk?"

"I carried one for IED removal in Afghanistan" Parrish said as he poked his head inside "It's military, and so is that" He said as he walked in and grabbed it.

"Do you know what it's used for?" Derek asked.

"Well this one looks like it's been modified" Parrish explained.

I noticed Derek nod at dad. Dad walked to the door and closed it "Show us" Dad told Parrish.

Parrish nodded as he walked over to the computer. Dad followed him as Derek pulled me aside.

"I don't want you involved in this"

I scoffed "This is Beacon Hills I'm bound to get involved" I smiled at him before I began to go back to dad and Parrish.

Derek grabbed my arm causing me to turn back to him "You don't have the healing abilities"

I moved my body back to him, I noticed the worried expression he had "Derek" I sighed "I'll be fine, I promise"

"Can you stop a flying axe coming at you?"

"No but I have a piercing scream that can shatter a werewolves skull" I said with a wide smile.

Derek gave me a look "I'll be fine I promise" I walked back to where Parrish and dad were. Derek followed me and leaned against the desk. I stood with my arms crossed over my chest as Parrish was typing.

"Okay, I think I got an IP address" Parrish spoke up.

Dad leaned forward "That means we can find him right?"

"Definitely, especially if-" He got cut off when the machine began whirring. They had gotten it off the axe murderer.

"What was that?" Derek questioned.

"I think I found a message. Does anyone recognize the handle "Benefactor?"

"Not really" I spoke up.

Derek leaned forward when something came out on the screen "Money transferred. What does that mean?"

Dad straightened up "That means this guy is not just a killer. He's an assassin"