Chapter 28

Caitlin's P.O.V.

The oni, they were scattered all over Scott's house. I ran inside while Ethan, Aiden, Derek, Kira, and Scott were fighting the oni. I held a aluminum bat in my hand as I spun around. Luckily none of the oni were surrounding me. Derek threw the last oni out of the house while Melissa threw the mountain ash that surrounded the house. The oni couldn't get in.

Scott turned to me "A baseball bat?"

I shrugged my shoulders "It was in my car" I let the bat down on the couch as we lingered around the living room watching the oni.

Apparently Kira is a kitsune, whatever that is. The house suddenly began shaking, my eyes diverted to the door. The oni are trying to come in.

"What are they doing?" Scott asked.

"Testing for weakness" One of the twin said. Damn, to this day I still can't figure out who is who.

They kept trying and it looked like they were going to succeed. Derek grabbed onto my waist pulling me close to him then stood in front of me in a protective manner.

"Guys, we have a problem" One of the twins said.

Scott was talking to Allison on the phone.

"I'm right aren't I? They're looking for me" Kira told Scott.

"They're looking for a dark spirit and I know it's not you" Scott said.

"Scott, were gonna have to do something" Derek said.

Suddenly the oni broke through. They began walking inside.

"Don't do anything" Scott said. We all turned to look at him.

"Is he serious?" I think it was Aiden who spoke.

The oni were snarling at us as two approached.

"I said don't do anything" Scott repeated. He turned to Kira and held out his hand. I turned back to the oni. Scott and Kira approached the oni. I turned my head when suddenly one appeared next to me. I turned my body to the oni as it picked up it's hand.

~~~~~

Deaton quickly dialed Caitlin's number, when she didn't answer he called Derek. When he didn't answer he called Scott. Deaton got frustrated when he didn't answer either. Deaton let it go to voicemail before speaking.

"Scott I know the oni is at your house I was there but I could not go inside. I know Caitlin is inside but you have to listen to me. You cannot let the oni touch her. If it touches her something bad will happen, you have to keep her away from the oni" Deaton hung up the phone wondering if it was too late.

~~~~~

I felt my body hit the ground. It felt like I just walked out of a freezer. Once I felt a warm hand touch my skin the coldness suddenly went away. I blinked a few times before I turned my head to see Derek.

"Your okay" He whispered to me.

I slowly sat up with Derek's help. I turned to see Scott and Kira still on the floor. How did I get back to normal so quickly?