Chapter 23

Caitlin's P.O.V.

We were on our way to the hospital. Jennifer is the only person who can save Cora, so she says. Stiles was driving while Scott was in the front seat. I didn't like Derek being in a car alone with Jennifer but Stiles insisted I go with them. I was still feeling weak, I didn't know why. But I had an idea. I was staring out the window taking a few deep breaths.

I guess Deaton was right, I can't control my powers. I could've killed Jennifer, and I almost did. It didn't take me long to realize Stiles had stopped the Jeep and we were at the hospital. I climbed out as the rain was coming down so hard.

"What's that?" Scott asked.

"Well you got claws, I got a bat" Stiles responded as they walked into the hospital and I was behind them.

We ran inside, I felt the cold air-condition and with me practically being soaked didn't help any. It was chaos inside. The lights were flickering on and off. I was walking behind Stiles and Scott, we turned a corner but stopped when we heard a voice.

"Scott, Scott!" We turned to see Melissa approaching us "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating"

"We're here for Cora" Scott replied.

"What, all of you?" She asked glancing at us then back at him "Why does Stiles have my bat?"

I snickered under my breath "Mom, you trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now" Scott told her.

The thunder clapped outside "The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage" She explained.

"Got it" Scott said.

We left to the elevator and got in. The doors closed as Derek was holding Jennifer while Scott, Stiles, and I were standing behind them. I was standing in between Scott and Stiles.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash Derek, I'm going to help" She slightly turned her head to look at Scott, then she moved her head to look at Stiles. She looked back forward "You know I've never actually met a Wanda before" I knew she had a smirk on her face.

"Well now you have and I'm not afraid of you. No matter how disturbing your real face is" I shot back at her.

The elevator ding rang as the doors opened. We began to walk out at the electricity was crackling above us. We stopped at Cora's room and saw nothing but blood splattered on the floor. I looked down and noticed specks of a blood trail.

"Derek" I called him.

I kept looking down as I followed the trail of blood to the door. All we could hear was muffled grunting. The door suddenly swung open and out came Peter sliding on the floor. He landed right at Derek and Jennifer's feet.

"We got a problem" Peter announced "Big problem"

We all looked up to see a huge werewolf, it was the twins. They were formed into one. I saw Stiles grip his bat. Derek wolfed up and began running to the alpha twins.

"Derek!" I exclaimed.

Scott pulled me back "Stay back" He demanded before he went after Derek to help him. I watched as everything was unfolding.