Coma

Mama's POV:

It's been a week since that night. Oh that horrible night.. The night that took my grandson and son in law. It's also been a week since Feliza passed out. The doctors said she's in a coma. Her body couldn't take the excessive pain. She has many bruises and cuts. Some of her cuts are deep that also caused internal bleeding. I don't know when she'll wake up. The way doctors gave her two more weeks before they declare her dead... I'm not losing hope though. I won't let my daughter go without apologizing and showing her how much I love her. I still want to be able to pamper her. To fix her hair.. To dress her up.. To cook her favorite meals... To be there for her. I want to catch up to her.. I want to treat her the way I should have a long time ago. I want to be her mother...

Papa's POV:

Guilt. That's all I'm feeling right now. Guilt. This is all my fault. I should have treated her better before. I should have showed her I loved her as much as I loved her sister. But I guess I failed... Now I'm here standing beside her bed. Seeing her sleeping peacefully. Sleeping for a week now. She looks so serene, so peaceful.. Like an angel... She looks so soft and kind like nothing is bothering her. Like there's no problem. I won't lose hope. I know she will wake up one day. Hopefully give us all another chance. Another chance to love her and to show her she's not useless. Now because of my stupidity even my upcoming grandchild is gone. She had a miscarriage due to stress and trauma.. I do wish she can forgive us.

Pace's POV:

"Pace, take care of Feliza for me ayt?" Those words kept ringing in my mind. Ivan's gone... Kyle and even their upcoming baby are gone. I'll take care of Feliza. I'll love her as much as Ivan loved her. Maybe even more. I'll treat her the way I should have before. I will fulfill my promise. I'll wait even the longest period of time. Just to hear her say she loves me too. I'll do whatever it takes..

My thoughts were interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. I saw Cecilia standing beside me putting a bouquet of white roses on the two headstones before us.
Here lies Ivan Anthony Carriedo. A loving father and husband. January 4, 1960 - August 26, 1986
Here lies Kyle Arthur Carriedo. A loving son. September 18, 1982 - August 26, 1986
"How's the princess?" She asked not taking her eyes from the headstone. "No progress. Still in coma. Although her minor cuts are starting to heal." I said monotonously. "I'm sorry for what happened.." She said finally facing me. "Nothing to be sorry about. It can't be helped. Besides, the kidnapper got what he deserved" I said. We stayed in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes before I spoke up. "You know, before Ivan left, he left me a message" I said turning my head in her direction. "Oh?" She replied tilting her head. "Yeah. He told me to take care of Feliza.." I said, once again looking at the headstone. "You should, mate. By the looks of it, the princess will need a lot I mean A LOT of support from you guys. Especially you. Seeing her family is gone" She said. "Yeah.." I replied. Once again in silence. "Yo, I need to go. My shift is about to start in 30 minutes. Don't wanna be late or my boss is definitely gunna kill me." She chuckled. I just nodded. "Oh and do me a favor and cut yourself a slack. I'm sure everything's gunna be fine." She said finally retreating. After a few more minutes I finally decided to go home and check on Feliza. But before I go I reassured Ivan and Kyle that I will take care of their wife and mother.

"Don't worry, Ivan, Kyle.. I'll take care of Feliza... I'll make her happy. Thanks for trusting me, Ivan." I left with the wind blowing on my face. I know I know Ivan and Kyle are listening.