Chapter Three

*Nervously puts arm around your shoulder* So hey...sorry for not updating. But I'm updating now so that's okay right? No? Okay... *removes arm and runs away*

How cute is young Jared tho?! Those chubby cheeks ahh <3 

**********************

Jewel's heart sank as she stared at Graham with a blank expression on her face. It couldn't be true, could it? Henry was a smart kid surely he wouldn't allow anyone to take him and he certainly wouldn't run away from home. He had no reason to run away and Jewel couldn't think of anyone around who would want to take the Mayor's son. It's crazy. And it has to be a lie. 

"Graham I know I'm not the most perfect employee but don't lie to me about this" Jewel said her eyes blazing with fury and heartbreak. She wouldn't, no couldn't, believe Henry was missing. 

"Jewel I promise I'm not lying to you" Graham put on his leather jacket. "Your mother called and practically had a heart attack over the phone"

Her heart sank further and tears filled her eyes as it finally set in. If her mother called it in, then it must be true. Henry was missing, probably very scared and confused. He was only ten years old and the little boy didn't know how to handle the big, scary world. Opening the drawers on her desk, she pulled out a set of keys and rushed towards the cell where Leroy was currently lying on one of the cot beds. 

"Now's not the time-" Graham started once he realised what Jewel was doing. 

"Save it" Jewel hissed as she unlocked the cell door and looked Leroy directly in his eyes. "Try to behave, maybe crack a smile and I won't have to see you in this cell again" Leroy plastered a fake smile on his face, walked out of the cell and was about to leave the building but Jewel stopped him. "Don't tell a soul about this either shortie. Or else"

Leroy gulped and nodded before hurrying out of the station. Jewel grabbed her belongings and ran outside to where the police cars were parked and waiting. Not waiting for Graham to catch up, she started the engine and rushed towards her house wanting to get there quicker so they can find her brother. 

Pulling up outside her house, she quickly climbed out of the car and rushed up the surprisingly not beaten down path and shoved open the door. "Mum! Mother! Where are you?"

Regina emerged from the living room, tears in her eyes and panic on her face as she pulled Jewel in for a tight hug. "Oh Jewel, thank God you're here"

"What happened?" Jewel asked once they broke apart from their embrace. 

"Well, I came home from the office as normal to expect Henry either doing his homework in the dining room or upstairs. He wasn't in the dining room or his bedroom which you know is unusual. I decided to give it an hour and he still hadn't come home so I decided to call you guys" Regina took a deep breath. "What could have happened? Why would he go missing? My poor baby is all alone out there in the dark probably confused"

"Hey mum, hey, shhh we're going to find him okay?" Jewel asked placing her hand on her mother's shoulder and Regina nodded. 

"Madam Mayor, do you mind if I go search his room for any clues as to why he could have gone missing?" Graham, who Jewel hadn't noticed his arrival, spoke up. 

Regina nodded. "Go ahead." She pointed to the stairs.

"I'm going to go search the streets and ask if anyone has seen him. Call me if anything comes up" Jewel says picking up her car keys and rushing out of the door again and into the cold night. 

Jewel searched for what seemed like hours for her brother, she asked the townsfolk about him and everyone replied with 'I haven't seen him since school finished' or 'I saw him this morning' and she was getting more frustrated. She wasn't any closer to finding her brother than she was when she first started searching, her mother or Graham hadn't called her so she knew they hadn't found anything. It was getting late and Jewel knew she wouldn't find her brother tonight. 

Sighing, she stopped the car outside her house again- not noticing it was parked behind a yellow bug- and climbed out. Just as she was shutting her car door, she heard voices coming from the path leading up to her house so she pulled out the gun she always carried and walked very slowly and quietly towards the sound. 

"Oh kid-" She heard a woman say before green eyes met her brown ones and she watched as the green eyed person held her hands up in surrender. "Woah- hey! What are you doing?"

Jewel didn't listen to her, she was too focused on the little boy by her side. "Henry?" She gasped putting the gun away and running towards her brother and giving him a hug. "Henry! What the hell! Where have you been?"

Before Henry could reply, the door opened to her house and out rushed her mother with Graham following behind. Tears ran down Regina's face as she pulled him in for a hug. "Henry where have you been?"

"I've found my real mum!" Henry snapped before rushing back into the house leaving Regina stood there shocked. Jewel gave the indication for Graham to check on Henry to which he nodded and backed up into the house. For some reason, she didn't want to leave her mother with this woman. 

"You're his birth mother?" Regina asked. 

Henry's birth mother didn't look like Henry at all so Jewel guessed he got his looks from his father. His birth mother had long, blonde hair that was curled and landed on her shoulders, a square shaped face, thin lips and green eyes. She wore jeans, brown boots, a white top and a red leather jacket. 

"Hi," She said awkwardly. 

Regina glared at the woman before storming back into the house and Jewel sighed. "I'm sorry about her. It's been a long night and this wasn't how we were expecting it to end"

"No, I understand. It's not exactly how I planned my evening to go either" The blonde haired woman said smiling a little. 

Jewel folder her arms. "Are you really Henry's birth mother?"

The woman looked uncomfortable. "Uh, yeah. What relation is he to you?"

"Brother"

"So does that mean-"

Jewel laughed. "That woman who glared daggers at your head is my mother. Yes"

"But you're practically the same age"

"I don't understand either but hey ho" Jewel shrugged. "What's your name, stranger?"

"Emma. Emma Swan"

"Nice to meet you, Emma, I'm Jewel. Jewel Rose Mills"

The two women smiled at each other for a few seconds before Regina's voice commanded Jewel to come inside. Sending a small smile to Emma, she said her goodbye's before rushing into the house where her mother was waiting. She didn't know why, but she had a feeling with Emma being here things were about to change. 

Emma's in town yay!

Next chapter will have a few scenes in the Enchanted Forest and may include our favourite rapscallion ;)

I will also be skipping ahead in the next few chapters. 

See you soon!