Date Night

Chapter Twelve: Date Night

~~ My heart thumped quickly as it neared seven forty; I had dressed in the dress the women from the island gave to me, it was the only dress I had since all of my belongings sunk with the ship originally carried me. I curled my hair and stood before the full length mirror in the Captain's bedroom, fiddling with my dress, I was so nervous; what if he didn't like the way I looked? What if I said something awkward? My cheeks pinkened at the thought and there came a knock at the door; the cabin boy entered. "Miss, the Captain awaits your presence" said he; I turned quickly and felt worry spread all over me.

"Oh, please, come in, come in, please" said I and the cabin boy did just that.

"Yes, ma'am?" Asked he walking closer to me, I sighed and played with the frillies on the large, pink dress; the dress made me look like a princess, but, as I was told, a sexy princess. Black bows and gathers ran around the dress along with sparkles; I thought the dress was gorgeous.

"D-Do you suppose he'll...he'll like this? The way I look, I mean. I want to....I want to look perfect." Said I, clasping and unclasping my hands; the cabin boy smiled and took up my hands.

"Here's something you need to remember: he's seen you when you think you're at your absolute worst, and he's told me that you're the most perfect woman in all of the universes. He thinks you're perfect all the time, Miss, so don't worry; besides, you look beautiful." The cabin boy said; I smiled and hugged him tightly; thanking him many times. He held my hand as he pulled me out of the Captain's bedroom and stopped on the stairs with me where I saw the Captain wearing a black suit before a small table covered with white tablecloth, two seats and lanterns hanging from ropes all around. I paused and my mouth fell open; it was so beautiful!

The sun had sunken behind the ocean and the moon sat high in the sky; the Captain shed his black hat to reveal slicked back, jet black hair, his hands were folded behind his back and his mouth too, fell open at seeing me. I began walking down the stairs to him and he rushed up a few stairs; grasping my hand and helping me down to the deck and to a chair. "You look absolutely stunning" he said, pushing my chair in and rushing to his chair, smiling as he stared at me. "H-How do you like it?" he asked, motioning to the world around him, I smiled dreamily.

"You're the most handsome man I--I mean, it's wonderful, truly wonderful" I said quickly; he smiled to me and my cheeks heated, shyly averting my gaze from him. He gave a seductive smile and lifted my right hand off of the table, kissing the top.

"The food should arrive in a little, for now, tell me about yourself" said he, leaning forwards and taking a sip of pre-poured wine in his wine glass. His eyes were so soft, and yet, so....intoxicating; I bit my bottom lip and sighed, glancing up at him every so often.

"Well, there's not much to tell. I lived in London my entire life, I had a few friends, but, I mainly spent my time in our library. We had thousands upon millions of books of all colours and sizes, it was amazing! It would take you four lifetimes to read them all." I explained; he nodded and smiled, listening intently. "Now that I think of it" I said, pausing. "I didn't have a very colourful life at all" I explained; he smiled and took another gulp of his wine.

"At any rate, I would enjoy seeing that library you spoke of" said he; I instantly perked up.

"Oh, of course! You must see it! They even put a fainting couch in there because I ended up falling asleep in there so much" I said, giggling. I calmed and smiled to him.

"So, tell me what you like to do, favorite colours, things of that sort." Said he, I pursed my lips in thought.

"Obviously, I like to read, I find writing relaxing, sleep is wonderful, but, I enjoy cuddling too" I answered with a wink; he grinned.