Uh Oh

Chapter Sixteen: Uh Oh

~~ I gasped and clutched at the sword as the fight raged on around me; it felt like, it felt like I was being drained. Not at first, of course, at first there was unexplainably exhausting, searing pain which caused me to shriek in agony and tears to drip down my cheeks in torrents. I whimpered as I clutched at the sword, moments later, when the pain began to dull and I felt every drop of blood that went rushing out of me, I saw a man with a sword stuck straight through him. The sword was yanked out and the man fell to the ground with glazed over eyes; the Captain hurriedly stepped over him and turned my face to him, hitting my cheek softly. His hands were so cold, but so velvety soft; he was asking me questions, such as what my name was, who he was, what boat I was on.

I wanted to talk, and yet, I couldn't; I only smiled to him as he lifted me off of the deck and ran, a good grip on the sword so it wouldn't plunge further into my body. As he ran away with me my head hung down from his arm and I opened my eyes slowly to find Raoul in pirate wear, fighting our crew. He beheaded someone and glanced up, his eyes locking on mine and he mouthed my name. I closed my eyes and trusted myself in the Captain's presence, hell, he couldn't even kiss me without my permission! What need I worry of?

~~ I woke with yet another skull splitting headache and vision that was more than incredibly blurry. I groaned and instantly heard a joyous voice yell: "she's coming to, she's coming to!" In the next few moments there were loud footsteps and heavy breathing, I blinked and stretched out my eyelids, reaching my arm up and hesitantly rubbing my eyes; chasing the blurriness away. The Captain was only inches away from me; he sighed in relief when I smiled to him; he allowed his head to fall to my bosom and he whispered the words 'thank god' repeatedly. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck, whispering nonsensical words as I woke.

"Oh, god, I was so afraid" he said louder, so the physician and I could hear him. "We hadn't even had sex yet" he finished and I paused.

"So, I was dying...and all you were worried about is your genitals not getting attention?" I hissed to the best of my ability; worry spread over his face.

"No, no, not like that, sweet cheeks. You write me off as insensitive, which I am indeed not; darling, sexual intercourse is much more than a moment's satisfaction, at least, to me. It signifies the strongest bond of love between two people who become inseparable for the rest of their lives, in a night's passion; it signifies how a partner will care for the other and support the other one. A bond, Anna, as I mentioned before, is made" he explained, gently touching my cheek and twirling a strand of my hair. "A bond of not only love, but trust, passion....and did I mention the infinite amount of trust one must thrust into a person to even consider them to be a potential sexual partner?

You must worry about so many inevitables, one of which, the most worried of which, is pregnancy." He paused and bit his bottom lip. "Sweet cheeks" he began again "I know you assume what pirates are; mean, nasty men and occasionally a few brave women, who are bloodthirsty monsters who will get what they want and leave. However, I'm going to make that stereotype of yours crash and burn." He said, his voice shook from the amount of emotion he poured into his words; he sighed and began again.

"I won't ever leave you, pregnant or not, virgin or not, young or not, wedded or not, I will never leave your side." He finished, getting close to me; my eyes glassed over with tears and I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him close to me and sniffling, batting away the tears. And, in that moment all of his emotions laid outside of him, spilt out all over me and the floor; I hoped he knew I felt the same, I just, I couldn't figure out how to shape my feelings into such beautiful structures of words such as he did only mere seconds beforehand. I wept into his shoulder, unable to show emotion any other way, and occasionally kissed his cheek; no one had said anything that sweet to me before, I had only been catcalled and obnoxiously flirted with. It's sad that I became so used to those things that they no longer bothered me, but this, this genuine show of affection, to a point, confused me and broke me down in tears (of course they were tears for the right reasons).