Arts

Chapter Twenty: Arts

~~ "Hold still! A painting only looks good if the object being painted is still." I said, a paintbrush between my fingers and a canvass before me, the background was painted, but, the Captain wouldn't stop fidgeting! It had been a week or so after the 'mother' incident and we weren't to port for another week or two; I became increasingly bored. The day before this we hit a thing called 'The Bluffs' which is a spot of ocean where the wind doesn't even so much as pucker its lips.

It was humid and hot (considering we were on the Caribbean sea), and pure hell. However, I dare not walk around in my nightgown, like I did on my parents' boat, the pirates were becoming...strange whenever I came around; the Captain had to become increasingly strict with them when I was in presence, and, he would try to avoid my being around the crew at all costs. I was practically locked away in his quarters all day and night! I even asked the Captain why this was so; it was night, right after his bath (I had grown accustomed to watching him bathe now, it was the part of the day I looked forward to; especially since I gained a strange, warm and tingly sensation in the bottom of my stomach/top pelvic region.) And I laid upon his (which, he was now calling 'our') bed, flipping through my own diary.

"Captain?" I asked, scratching down the last bit of my bored ramblings. He grunted in response as he threw his dirtiest clothes into a bin. "Why am I locked in here?"

"You're not locked in here, the crew is locked out. You see, sweet cheeks, some men can't hold their temptations at bay when they see a beautiful woman; that's why you're in here, I'm not taking the chance of trusting men who've been without their women for a while to act completely and utterly fine around a woman with such beauty and innocence as you." The Captain explained; I nodded and my cheeks blushed a little at his compliment, he smiled. We laid down together and, everything was fine until he gave a sudden jolt that woke me, too, but, I pretended it didn't; he sighed and slipped out of bed, disappearing out of the room and gently closing the door to his quarters. However, I followed behind him and watched him.

He walked to the bow and crossed his arms upon his chest, staring at the spance of ocean before him; it was cooler now than it is during the day, however, it was still quite humid, in consequence to this, my nightgown began sticking to my legs. A day or so after this I found his journal, and, it was explained inside that he had a nightmare! He wouldn't write what the nightmare was of, but, it must've scared him quite badly to cause him to jump and seek fresh air!

** Now, the Captain sighed. "I can't keep still, you're painting me, and, beneath this little blanket I'm naked; how can I not fidget?" He asked, I smiled, I made him cover his 'little friend' as he called his penis, up, with a blanket; but, I got to paint the rest of his body.

Why did he agree to this?

He didn't....at first. 

I told him I was bored and wanted to paint him, he refused, at first. Then, I told him I wanted to paint him naked and, apparently, that changed everything. "Could you at least try not to move?" I asked, he sighed and nodded. "Thank you" I said and dipped my brush in the greenish skin colour I created for him.

"I get to paint you naked next" said he, I rolled my eyes and smiled. He was in a laying down position, on his side, facing me with his head propped up by his hand and his elbow in the mattress. He was quiet for a while, then, he began whining. "How long do I have to lay like this? I'm loosing feeling in my elbow" he said, I sighed.

"An hour or two more"

"An hour or two?! Anna, have you forgotten? I'm a captain, I need to run my boat." He said, again, my eyes rolled.