Chapter 17!

Chapter 17.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Did he seriously just ask me that? I don't know how to respond..I mean, I like him, but I don't know if I'm ready for another relationship after Austin. "I don't know shawn.." "What do you mean?" "Shawn...I just don't want to get hurt again." His worried face turned into a calm look. "Cara, I would never hurt you." I couldn't help but smile. "Okay." I said looking at him right In the eyes. "Really?"

"Of course! I like you shawn, I don't even know why I would think you would hurt me." Right when I said that he slammed his lips against mine. It's lasted for about 10 seconds. "Let's go out to eat." He said leaning his fore head against mine. "Please." I said pecking his lips again, getting up to do my hair. When I was doing my hair, I got a phone call. I assumed for it be Maggie, or Kate, but it was Austin. "What." I said rolling my eyes, but of course he wouldn't know that. "Why the hell are you in Vancouver?"

"Getting away from ass holes like you." "Cara, I didn't mean for us to end everything." That was the biggest bullshit lie I've ever heard. "Austin, I loved you. But you didn't love me, and now, I've met someone who does love me, who treats me like a girl should be treated, so you fucked up." I said ending the phone call right away after. "Who was that?" Shawn said to me from the other room. "No one important."

I didn't want shawn to know it was him. I decided to wear my shawn mendes shirt, just to bother him. When I was going to grab it from my suitcase, I felt a little piece of paper at the bottom of it. When I took it out, I saw a note. It was from my dad. I've never seen this before..

Dear Cara,

I'm sorry I had to leave you. But it was for the best. Cara, you mean the world to me. Every since you were a little girl. I'm not a 100% sure when you will find this note, but I hope it's when your on a vacation..to escape all your negative thoughts. Cara I love you. And I can't right a lot because ill regret what I'm about to do. Cara, my life met nothing. And that's why I'm ending it. But always remember, your life means everything.

Wait what? My mom said he died from cancer and just never told us he had it..he killed himself? What?

I'm furious. How could my mom lie like that to me? I mean, I know she is a drug addict..but then she wasn't. Does Kate know? "Shawn..hand me my phone.." I said emotionless.