Chapter 27

Chapter 27.

I don't know what I'm doing with my life. Like seriously.. "Cara let's go out to eat." I nodded and jumped out of bed. "Shawn. When's the next magcon?" "Not till next week. Why?" "Just wondering." I quit school about a year ago, so that's why I am always doing nothing. My phone started to ring so I answered it. "Hello?" "Cara come over." "Kate?" "Is dad with you?" "Yes. Just COME." She said, then hung up the phone. "Shawn...come with me." "Where?" "To my sister." He looked confused. "I know when my sister needs help. And she damn needs it." He nodded and we went down stairs. I rushed out the door and started to run down the street. "Cara! Wait!" "Oh, haha sorry I kinda forgot you were behind me."

***

When we got in, I heard Kate scream. "KATE?" I ran into the kitchen, to see Kate on the ground and my mom holding a gun to her heard. "MOM? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" She was defiantly overdosed on something. The look of fear in Kate's eyes made me feel sick to my stomach. "I have to.." My mom said. "No you don't mom, put the gun down." She looked furious. I turned around and looked at shawn and pointed to the phone. He nodded and started to dial 911. "Mom, please." "Cara, I'm a failure."

"Mom..you are not a failure. Just do me a favor and put. The gun. Down."

"I can't." "Yes..yes you can mom." She looked at gun and started to flick it back and forth. Kate stated to cry, when I heard the sirens coming. "YOU CALLED THE COPS?" "Yes." When I said that she pointed the gun to me. I could feel my throat turn inside out. I saw shawn run over and stand in front of it. "Shawn stop." I pushed him out of the way, right when I did that she shot it. She shot the gun. But it missed both of us. "MOM?" I heard the door get kicked open, and police offers run in. "PUT THE GUN DOWN." They screamed. I knew what my mom was gonna do. She was gonna shoot herself. I covered my eyes. And started to scream in terror. When I heard the gun shot go off. My whole life flashed before my eyes. "NO." I heard my sister scream. I made the mistake to look up, but it's not what I was thinking to see. I saw my mom on the ground. She wasn't dead..she was still breathing. The police and paramedics started to run over to her. My eye sight started to get dizzy. I just sat there. Looking at the ground. Shawn swooped me up and walked me outside. There was already the whole neighbour hood standing outside the house. "Cara, its okay." Shawn said comforting Me. It's weird...cause it always works. Kate came running out and saw me. Shawn put me down, and I ran over to her. "Kate.." I cried hugging her. "Cara." I didn't know what to think at this point. My life can never me normal.