Chapter 29.

Chapter 29.

When I walked into the police station, I saw a young girl about 12 sitting down in the waiting room. Her eyes were bloodshot red. My dad already went into the questioning room..so I had to wait until my turn. I sat beside the girl and saw she had scars and bruises all over her body. She started to pick at them, when she turned and looked at me. "Why you here?" She said smirking. "Oh um..long story." "Mom try to shoot you?" "Um yea..how did you know?" "Overheard someone talking about it." "Oh." I said looking around to the other side of the room. "You?" I said asking her. "Can't you tell?" She said pointing towards her scars. "Oh." "My dad beat me." "I'm so sorry.." "It doesn't matter." She said looking away. "Cara, we're ready for you." I started to follow the lady and stopped at a small room with a young guy in it. "Cara! Sit right down!" He said nodding towards the chair in front of him. I sat down and didn't respond. "So I have a couple questions for you..did your mom ever hit you?" I shook my head and looked at the ground not making eye contact with him. "Did your dad leave you?" "I thought he was dead. So I wouldn't say he left me."

He started to write stuff down. I saw he was writing like a paragraph after each thing I said. "And who is Shawn?" "My boyfriend..." He started to write something really long when I interrupted him. "Why you ask." "Your sister brought him up."

"Don't bring him into this. Seriously. This isn't his problem, it's mine." He looked shocked. Probably because I've been giving one word answers the whole time. "Ok Cara, your free to leave." I looked at him unimpressed. "That's it..that's what you called me I'm for?" He nodded. "I could be sleeping right now...but no! I'm here." "Im sorry. But we needed the answers to these questions." "There's a thing called phoning someone." I said storming out. I'm being a bit of a bitch...but i don't care. When I walked back in the waiting room, I saw that girl sitting there still. "Was that you I heard screaming?" "I wasn't talking that loud was I?" I said laughing. "Just a tad. It's okay though. He deserves it." She said as she winked at me.

*****

When I got back, it was about 10:30. Shawn was still waking up. "Wake up!" I said throwing a pillow at his face. "Cara! Chill!" I laughed when he said that because he seemed so out of it. "Shawn, I'm

gonna go to Starbucks with my sister." "Am I invited?" "I didn't think you liked Starbucks." "Who doesn't like Starbucks?" "Your such a white girl." I said rolling my eyes. "So can I go?" "Yes shawn, you can go to Starbucks with me." The rest of the day I want nothing bad to happen. Considering how shitty of a life I have.

*AUTHORS NOTE.*

SHORT I KNOW. The next chapter I will try to make longer..it's just hard. But after this fanfic, I was thinking of doing a Matt one... (matthew espinosa) should I?...