1

A/N I will probably just use one or two pictures the entire story. In this fic everyone who initially took the chunnin exams when they were 12 passed them.

I kicked a pebble. The leaf ninja were in sand for a simple B rank mission. More specifically, Sakura was there to teach medical ninjutsu for a few weeks. So I have nothing to do. Gaara, the Kazekage, was swamped in paperwork. So until he was free I was on my own. I heard someone behind me. They wouldn't be detected by an ordinary chunnin, like I'm supposed to be so, friend or foe, I waited for them to make their move. "Naruto Uzumaki the Kazekage would like to see you." Looking up I gave a big grin. "Alright I'll be there in a minute." The ninja left and I felt the smile slide off my face. Not that I wasn't happy, but I didn't need a big stupid grin to show it. If my Glamour Jutsu were released, it would be shown by my fox ears twitching. A Glamour Jutsu is really rather simple. You put a seal somewhere on your body, and channel chakra to the seal. However, only the Uzumaki clan can use this seal. It has enabled me to avoid the prying gaze of both the sharingan and byakugan of my village, which ordinary genjutsu could never do. As I made my way to the office of the Kazekage, I couldn't help but marvel at how beautiful the sunsets in Sand were. When I got there, Kankuro and Temari were arguing, Kankuro shaking a little in fear. "Gaara!" I said, feeling like my smile was cracking my face in two. "Naruto, good to see you. My siblings and I are heading out and wanted to know if you wanted to come with us." I ignored the glares the other two shot at Gaara. Either it was a special place or they didn't want to come. "Sure," I said. "Before you come, I need to tell you something." Gaara sighed. "This place is a kind of sanctuary. Except for the tailed beast seals, it negates any jutsu in the grounds." I was shocked. I thought about what this would mean for me. They would see my ears, as well as my scars. Then I looked at Gaara. He, better than anyone, would understand my pain. I decided to risk it. Giving what I hoped would be my my last fake smile to him, I asked, "What are we waiting for?"
We left with some grumbling from Gaara's siblings. I was nervous the whole way there. I think Gaara noticed, but his siblings were bickering so rather than asking questions he tried to keep them under control. We reached a crack in the rock a couple of miles away from Sand. "Any jutsu will be ineffective beyond the crack. Watch your step, the first 20 feet are dark." Kankuro told me. I nodded. Temari went first, then Kankuro, Gaara, and finally me. I felt the glamour go off. After a few seconds I saw the cave. There were thousands of crystals giving off a natural light. The three sat in a circle, and I stepped into the cave.
"Naruto?" Temari whispered. "The one and only." I gave her a small, sad smile. "Who would do something like that to you!?" Kankuro said, horrified. I looked down at my scars. There were some that said things like demon, monster, and killer, and there were scars that were simply grotesque. "The villagers of Konaha who witnessed the attack 15 years ago." I sat down near them. "And you still want to protect them?" Gaara asked. "I will continue to protect them until I can't anymore. A lot of the villagers want me dead or banished. I'm showing you three who I really am rather than saying I'd rather do something else because, unlike my own team, I trust you." Temari and Kankuro hugged me. Gaara waited. He wasn't a big fan of showing emotions in front of others, but I could see his lip trembling. He looked pissed. "I'll kill them."