16

A/N Unless I type otherwise, all chapters will start out Naruto POV.

Veritas and I went back to Tazuna's house and went to our respective rooms to sleep. In the morning, I woke up early and went inside the main house to make breakfast for everyone. I made flower shaped chocolate chip pancakes. I also made homemade grape jelly from the vine I wrapped around the peach tree and peach yogurt. As I was cooking, Kakashi came in. "You can cook?!" He yelped. I chuckled at him. "While I do love ramen, it's unhealthy to eat it for every meal. At first I learned to cook because I had to, but then I grew to enjoy it." I smiled at him. It wasn't the big dopey grin of the past, but a soft, gentle smile. Then Kakashi said something that made my mouth drop open in shock. "U-um, I was wondering if y-you would m-maybe.....go on a date with me?" He said all in a rush.

Veritas POV
I was walking down the hall to the kitchen when I heard Naruto and his old sensei talking. I knew out of everyone in Konaha, Naruto-sensei disliked Kakashi the least. As I put my hand on the doorknob, I heard Kakashi ask Naruto out on a date. My heart stopped for a moment. I couldn't stand the thought that I might lose Naruto forever. I love everything about him, from the tips of his fuzzy fox ears to his awesome combat boots I am in no way envious of. I pressed my ear anxiously to the door, desperate to hear his answer.

Naruto POV
"While I'm flattered that you like me enough to ask me out, I'm in love with someone else. Plus, I'm never going back to Konaha." I said. Kakashi looked disappointed. "Oh, alright then, just thought I would ask." He mumbled. He left the room shortly afterwards. We all sat down to eat. "You should come back to Konaha, Naruto." Sakura said. I pushed my plate away. I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was. "And why should I?" I asked. "It's where you belong." She said, cluelessly. I released the jutsu hiding my scars. "The people of that place gave me these scars. They broke into my apartment and scrawled graffiti on the walls. They refused to sell me anything but kill-me-orange jumpsuits. They injected me with normally lethal substances anytime I was sent to the hospital. They have caused me nothing but pain and suffering my entire life. And, Sakura, don't give me that horrified look. You're no different from the rest of them. Too much damage has been done and it's too late to say sorry. I have found people that I'm happy to know, and a place that feels like home. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO KONAHA!" I growled. Sakura looked scared and I couldn't help but feel a twinge of satisfaction at that. My three genin were giving both Sakura and Sasuke a death glare that would make even the most hardcore shinobi blanch. I couldn't be more proud.