10

A/N The yaoi in this fic will be light. Mostly fluff.

My three genin sat in a circle around me. "Glamour release." I said. My scars and ears showed. The three gasped. "I told you yesterday that I'd explain why I had to hide. All jinchurichi have difficult lives. As the container for the nine tails I'm no different. I was beaten and tortured by my home village from the time I could walk. I was kicked out of the orphanage at 4 years old. I wore a happy go lucky mask to avoid letting people in since I faced so much betrayal. I have few people I care about. Of those people, the only ones still alive are Jeraiya, Tsunade Senju, Shikimaru Nara, Hinata Hyuuga, and the ramen shop owners Teuchi and Ayame. I met Gaara during the chunnin exams. He and I became friends shortly after I beat the living daylights out of him. He's remained one of the few people I'm close to." I let them know. There were a few different reactions. Spero spoke first. "How could they do that to you?!" Then Veritas. "You beat Gaara?!" And last Fidelitas. "You're a jinchurichi like Gaara?!" I answered them. "They did it because they could, Spero, in their eyes I was the demon. But Kurama actually wasn't behind the attack on Konaha 15 years ago, someone else was controlling him. Yes, Veritas, I beat Gaara, although it was a while ago. And Fidelitas, yes, I am the jinchurichi of the nine tailed fox." I finished speaking of my past. "It's time to train. Even though this is something you usually wouldn't learn yet, I'm going to have you climb the cliff without using your hands." I said. "How do we do that?" Spero asked. "Focus your chakra to the soles of your feet. You need to use the right amount. Too much and you'll catapult off. Too little and you'll slip. Use the kunai I'll give you. There's a seal on them with paint so you can mark your progress up the cliff. Don't just slash the stone since it's too hard. Slash the air just above it. This will be especially beneficial to you Veritas. Chakra control is a vital component to medical ninjutsu given that sometimes you have to heal even to the cellular level. Chakra control is important in regular ninjutsu as well, since it helps conserve chakra for when its needed."
I let them go to train. Fidelitas seemed to do really well. I could see Spero struggling. But I was more worried about Veritas. He seemed frustrated. I decided to give them some advice. "Those with smaller chakra reserves can do this easily. Those with larger reserves tend to struggle more with control. All it means is that you need to focus more on control at the moment. Should your reserves expand you would also need to adjust control. Those who already have exceptional control continue to do well with that but expanding can be an issue. Having large chakra reserves is a good thing. Fidelitas, since you already have good conrol, let's work on expanding your reserves. You two, don't get discouraged. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. Just focus on improving what you struggle with." They all nodded and continued training. I helped Fidelitas while keeping an eye on the other two. By the end of the day they were halfway up the cliff. About the height of the trees my old team and I climbed in wave. I lied about what I could do then. Sasuke took a week. But these kids, just like me, took a single day. I was proud.