2

G- "I'll kill them."
N- "Please don't Gaara."
G- "Why the hell not?"
N- "Because I have a plan."
After hearing that Gaara crossed his arms. "What plan?" He asked. "In a few months I'm going to leave. The majority of people don't know this, but I am the son of Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki. I'm going to prove who I am to the village by opening the blood seal on the Uzumaki-Namikaze estate. I will then seal the scrolls that are in there, as well as my fathers cloak and kunai, and declare myself a missing nin. After that, I plan on restoring Uzushio to a greater glory than it was before."
Gaara nodded. "If you want, you can become a Sand village ninja while you work on restoring Uzushiogakure. I'm sure after it's restored you would want to make your own village."
I gave Gaara a small smile. "Thanks." Gaara seemed confused. "What for?" "For accepting me as I am." "U-um," Temari stuttered. "C-could I m-maybe touch y-your ears?" She blushed. "Sure, but they're really sensitive so be careful, 'kay?" I said absently. She giggled and nodded, which seemed kind of out of character. After a few seconds of her cooing about how soft my fuzzy ears were I started purring. If she keeps this up I'm going to fall asleep. I could already feel my eyes drifting closed. I slumped over, but fortunately Temari caught me. The last thing I heard was "So cute," in a really soft voice.

*Gaara's P.O.V.*

I watched as Naruto slept in Temari's lap. A kind of ache grew in my chest. I don't know how it got there, but it really hurt. I didn't like Temari touching him. I want all of his smiles to myself. I want to be the one to make his eyes sparkle. He's the only one who expects anything good of me. I wanted to destroy the leaf village for making his sparkle go away. He would be disappointed if I did that though. When I kill people he gets sad. He says that I'm better than that. So I try to be, for him. However...... "Temari if you ask Naruto if you can touch him again I'll kill you." I said softly. She squeaked. "Why?" Kankuro asked, since Temari was just staring at me with her mouth open. "I have this ache in my chest when she does that and I don't like it." Temari's expression changed. It seemed like something occurred to her but I just brushed it off as unimportant. I just went back to staring at my blonde.
*Timeskip*

*Naruto P.O.V.*

The mission is over and it's time to go back to Leaf. It will take about three days to get back. Although there were a couple of things I did that would make returning to Sand much easier.

*Flashback*

"Hey Gaara," I said, "Can I leave this here?" I was holding out a strange looking kunai. "What is it?" Gaara asked, appearing as curious as he could, which was not very. "It's one of my fathers kunai, which acts as a marker for the Hiraishin, a teleportation jutsu." Gaara's eyes widened. Then he nodded, signifying that I could leave it.

*Flashback End*

I sighed. Since we left Sakura has done nothing but complain. Fortunately it was almost time to settle for the night. We found a decent clearing and set out our bedrolls. Sasuke quickly pretended to sleep so Sakura would leave him alone. She may have grown up, but not by much. I waited until I could hear everyones breathing even out. Although no one could ever tell with Kakashi Sensei. I slipped away from camp and sat at the edge of a cliff, leaning back to look at the stars. I heard a rustle and knew that Kakashi Sensei was awake, although he was clearly trying to be quiet. He sat beside me. "What are you doing up?" He asked. "I was too tired to fall asleep." I answered. I could feel my mask slipping, but it was too soon. I still had to get through another few days. Looking at Kakashi Sensei though, I couldn't bring myself to care. Even though I don't trust him, I was tired. Tired of hiding, tired of faking a smile everyday. I was already planning on giving up. The only person I really didn't want to see the real me was Sasuke, because he pretended to be my friend for too long before stabbing me through the chest. Literally. So, with Kakashi soon to be former sensei watching, I let my mask fall, shattering to pieces.