3

My mask fell, shattering. All at once my smile slid away, and my eyes showed the pain and sorrow I've gone through. I finally broke. I was mentally exhausted from keeping a smile. With Kakashi staring at me, shocked that the bright, bubbly persona he knew was gone, I felt a tear drip down onto my hand, which was clutching the fabric of the hideous jumpsuit I wore to keep up the mask. One of my first acts as a missing nin would be to burn it. I just stayed there, with my shoulders shaking. After a minute I was calm enough to gasp out, "Leave" to Kakashi. "Are you sure?" He asked, clearly wanting to be anywhere else. I nodded. He didn't act like a sensei or friend before, and I sure as hell knew he wasn't going to now.
In the morning I pretended nothing happened. We went through the rest of the journey without a hitch. Soon the gates came into view. "Alright you three. Go do whatever it is you do until training tomorrow. I'll deliver my report to the Hokage. Dismissed." Kakashi said. "I'll go with you." I said this quickly, once the others were out of earshot. I saw Kakashi's look of panic. The way his mask twitched was a dead giveaway. I sighed. "I'm not going to talk to you about what happened that night so stop freaking out. I have something I want to discuss with Tsunade-Sama." Kakashi looked relieved for a moment and then suspicious. "What would you want to discuss with the Hokage?" "Reclaiming both of my birthrights." "But you're an or-" I stopped him by leaking out a little of my bloodlust. He audibly gulped. "I came from somewhere Kakashi. And you should know better than anyone since I'm the spitting image of my father." Before Kakashi could figure out what I said, I grabbed his shoulder and teleported to the Hiraishin marker in the Hokage office.
As Kakashi was left spluttering on the office floor, Tsunade had tears in her eyes. She knew me showing my true self was the same as me saying I was leaving. "I am reclaiming my rights as an Uzumaki-Namikaze by opening the blood seal on the family estate." Kakashi, having recovered from the shock of my performance, opened his mouth, presumably to apologize. "Save it Kakashi. Nothing you say will reach me now. There's a line that shouldn't have been crossed and you crossed it when you treated me the same way everyone else did. As nothing more than a monster." Kakashi started to shake his head but I just turned away. "Call in the council so they can see how bad they fucked up."
When the council was assembled I walked over to the middle of the room. "What's the demon brat doing here?" They all whispered but thanks to Kurama I could hear everything.
"A lot of you are whispering, trying to figure out why I'm here. Shut up and I'll tell you." I said. One councilman stood and pointed a finger at me saying, "You have no right to-" "I have every right." I interrupted. "I am the son of Kushina Uzumaki and Minato Namikaze." I could hear a dull roar, people shouting lies and such. I shouldn't need such a big show to prove I'm a person. "As proof," I raised my voice, "I will open the blood seal on the estate." With that, I used the Hiraishin again to go in front of the mansion.
The council arrived a few minutes later breathing hard, but before they could yell at me I activated the blood seal.
The council looked on in horror, realizing that every word I spoke was the truth. "I'll need about a month to think about how you've treated me and figure out a suitable consequence. Do not disturb me in that time. I will only allow the Hokage, Shikimaru Nara, and Hinata Hyuuga in." With those parting words I headed up the gravel path. I ignored their incessant shouting. Letting the door slam closed, I slid down with my back against it. "YOU COULD JUST HAVE SAID TWO WEEKS." 'They don't need to know that.' "YOU'RE EVIL KIT. YOU'D LEAVE WITHOUT A GOODBYE TO JERAIYA?" 'If he would stop being a pervert for five minutes I might.' I cut the link with Kurama. I could hear the doorbell, which only Tsunade knows the location of. *cough* Tree. *cough*