9

My team and I went to receive our first mission. The genin were all excited but if my own experience was any indication, it wouldn't last. We were shown into Gaara's office. "Team 5 for a mission." I said. "All right then. How about catching Rina? She's the Wind Daiyamo's pet lizard." Gaara asked. I paled. That sounded suspiciously familiar. Before the genin could accept I spoke. "So help me if you accept that mission your on your own. That sounds way too similar to a mission I had as a genin in Konaha for comfort." I warned. "How similar?" Fidelitas asked. "It was catching Tora, the Fire Daiyamo's wife's pet demon cat. I still have scars from some of the scratches." I shivered. "It can't be that bad. We'll take the mission." Spero said. "You were warned. You're on your own for this one. I'll just follow to make sure you don't die." I told them. After the three went out I spoke to Gaara. "How long do you think until they regret it?" Gaara shook his head. "Not long. It really isn't that different to the Tora mission in Konaha." I nodded and left. After following them around all day they finally caught it. They were covered in goo. Apparently that lizard spits at everything. I was rather amused watching them though. When the lizard went under a ladder Fidelitas tried following. He knocked the ladder down and was covered in paint. When they caught the lizard Veritas said something that made me smile. "Next time sensei says he doesn't want a mission, let's not do it either." It was hilarious. I dropped down beside them outside the Kazekage's office. "How long have you been there?" Spero asked. "He said he'd follow us." Veritas reminded her. We went in. "How did it go?" Gaara asked. "Other than an incident with a ladder, things seemed to go fairly smooth." I said, smiling. I could hear a squeak from Fidelitas. I don't think he realized I saw that. "Well, that's all for today, you have tomorrow to train or whatever you have planned." Gaara informed me. I nodded. We all left the building. Before everyone left for their respective homes, I had an offer. "Why don't I take you three out for dango as a celebration of your first mission as genin?" I suggested. I got three big grins and a whoop from Veritas. We headed for a dango shop a couple of streets down. Opening the door, we saw Baki and his genin there. His genins names were Malignitas, Acedia, and Ira. Since they were at a booth we couldn't join them due to lack of room, but we waved a greeting on our way by. We sat on the stools near the front of the restaurant. Veritas was practically bouncing in his seat. It's hard to believe that they're only a few years younger than me. Sometimes they act like little kids. A waitress came and took our order. While it was being made I let my genin know what we'd be doing tomorrow. "Tomorrow we're going to train. What the academy taught you is fine but it's not enough. There's also something I want to show you." I said. "What is it?" Fidelitas asked. "You'll see tomorrow, but suffice it to say that there's a seal on my neck that alters my appearance somewhat." I said. "So this isn't what you really look like? Why'd you need to hide?" Veritas asked. "I'll explain why I needed to hide tomorrow. But I don't look too different from what I do now." Just then our dango arrived.