12

"Are we all set?" I asked. I got a number of assents. "Then lets be off. From where we are it should take a week to reach the land of waves." Unknown to them, I intended to have them get some training done as we were passing through the land of fire. But it would take two days to reach the border so we wouldn't for now. The first day was rather uneventful. At night however, I discovered putting Fidelitas and Veritas in the same tent together was a bad idea. Veritas tried to smother Fidelitas to get him to stop snoring so I decided he could share a tent with me instead. The second day passed with one small issue. Since the novelty of being out of the village wore off somewhat, they decided to pester me. "What was your old team like, Sensei?" Spero asked. I sighed. "To those outside the team they were perfect. Sakura, trained by lady Tsunade in medical ninjutsu, also capable of her monstrous strength. Sasuke, the last of the Uchiha clan. And the legendary copy ninja Kakashi Hatake. I was the dead last, happy go lucky idiot no one could stand. But to me, it was another story. Sakura was only trained by old lady Tsunade because the council wouldn't get off her back. While she was training Sakura, she got called to the hospital to help an injured ninja. Sakura used that time to go through Tsunade's notes. Tsunade couldn't punish her for it since she'd already started bragging about Tsunade sharing her strength, and if she said anything it would make it seem like she was going back on her word to train Sakura. I can use medical ninjutsu and Tsunade's strength ten times better than Sakura, since I've been trained in it from a young age due to Tsunade being my godmother. Sasuke is an arrogant ass who expects power to be handed to him, and has never actually trained a day in his life. Kakashi picked favorites, and taught Sasuke the chidori. All in all, I haven't had good experiences with ninja from my home village." I said. They needed to know this since we'd be meeting my old team in just under a week. "That's awful." Fidelitas said. The three moved closer to me. My fox instincts picked up a protective vibe. I smiled. Looks like I had three more people that care. "Tomorrow we'll be crossing the border into the land of fire. Once we get there, we'll be using about 3 hours out of each night to train. We'll be stopping by a different lake each night." I told them. "What is it like? We've never left our village so sand is pretty much the only thing we know." Veritas asked me. I looked at the sky. It was getting rather dark. "I'll tell you when we make camp." I said. As the other two set up their tents, I used life energy to form three domes made of vines grown tightly together. "Instead of using the tents, why don't we just sleep in these." I smirked seeing their expressions. "That's awesome!" Fidelitas exclaimed. "Now about the earlier question. The land of fire is covered in forests. There are ponds, lakes, and waterfalls. The soil in most areas is fertile enough to grow a variety of crops, but toward the northern border all that can be grown are sturdy grains, such as rice. We'll be using a few different lakes that we'll come across to practice water walking. The land of waves has a bridge now, but we'll be going along the bridge on the water, again as training. The land of waves is an island, so the water will be more volatile. So I won't train you in just ordinary water walking. I'll also alter the lakes to make it more difficult for you to stay upright." I finished speaking and went into the dome to sleep. After a bit I heard Veritas come in as well.