11

I went home after training. I stayed out after the genin left so I could continue training with energy manipulation. I can now grow a small forest. I also razed said forest to the ground. I do better with life energy than fire energy though. I'm going to show Gaara what I can do tomorrow. It could be highly beneficial to Suna. When I got back I went right to sleep. I was exhausted from training. It felt like I'd only just closed my eyes when my alarm demanded I open them again. We had to go and get another mission. Groaning, I got up. After breakfast I met up with my genin outside Gaara's office. "Welcome. I have a different type of mission for you today. Some old man named Tazuna is asking for your old team to come and help with building a new shopping district. He wants you there as well. So your team is to go to the land of waves and help with that. This will be a C-rank mission." Gaara said. I nodded. "You three go get packed for around a month. You can bring something to keep you occupied during the mission should we have time to spare. We leave in 3 hours." I barely finished speaking and they were out the door. "Gaara, do you have time?" I asked him. "I have to do this thrice blasted paperwork. I never have time." I was a little confused. "Why don't you just use your sand clones?" I asked. He stared at me. Then without warning he slammed his head down on the desk. It was both startling and amusing. "Looks like I have some free time after all." He said calmly, despite the blood on his forehead. He made a sand clone and followed me. After we arrived at training ground 1, he asked a question. "So what are we doing here?" I sat down on the ground. "Just watch." I said. I used life energy manipulation to create cocoa trees, grape vines, roses, and lavender. I used water energy manipulation to create a pond right in the middle of the training ground. I was kind of tired, but not overly so. "This is amazing." Gaara said in awe. "If you can do this on this scale every day, we might not have to rely on outside sources for food anymore." I smiled at how happy he looked. "That was the point behind learning this." Gaara looked at me. "When you get back, do you think you could start doing this with the entire desert?" He asked. "It will take a while, but it can be done. It should also help in my goal of restoring Uzushio. I can actually make living trees into houses." Gaara didn't seem to believe me. "See the knothole in the cocoa tree over there? Put your finger in and hook it around the wood. Now open the door." Gaara's face when he went inside was priceless. I laughed before going to get ready for the mission. I was excited to see Inari again, but I didn't want to see my old team. At least the Suna headband around my neck should tell them that it's too late to say sorry. Of course Sakura probably has no clue that she should apologize for all the times she's hit me. She thinks she's above that. Sasuke would be too arrogant. The only one who might have learned anything from my leaving would be Kakashi. I also knew I'd have to deal with Spero and Fidelitas asking to pet my ears during the journey. Not to mention Veritas asking me to teach him medical ninjutsu and pretending he doesn't want to pet my ears.