8

After fixing breakfast I headed out. I got to training ground 5 at 8:30. I settled in on a stone arch to wait. Veritas was the first one to show up. He sat down under a tree and started reading a scroll. Spero came a bit later. She started writing. I assume that it was poetry since she mentioned that was something she liked to do. I waited another ten minutes. Fidelitas was late. He finally appeared after 9:10. "Fidelitas, you shouldn't be late for such an important test." I heard Veritas say. "I'm not late if Naruto-sensei isn't here yet." He retorted. I cleared my throat. Veritas looked up, Spero continued writing, and Fidelitas blushed, embarrassed. "I've been here since 8:30." I said. "Veritas is right, you shouldn't be late. What if you were serving as reinforcement? Should they just try to hold off the enemy while you decide if you want to get out of bed? Try not to let this become a habit." I lectured. Fidelitas nodded. I sighed. "Spero, the test is about to begin. Stop writing." I said. She continued to write. "Stop writing or I'll burn whatever you think is more important than becoming a ninja." I warned. She stopped and scrambled to put everything away. "A shinobi must always be alert. Saying I didn't hear you is not an acceptable excuse." I said. Spero closed her mouth. "The goal of this test is simple. You all have 3 hours to find words I've carved into various surfaces. It should form a poem. If any of you fail to find the words and assemble them within that time frame you will be sent back to the academy. Go." I finished speaking. The three ran off. I masked my chakra after making shadowclones to keep track of them. I myself followed Fidelitas. After a moment he stopped. He appeared to be thinking about something. He ran off in the direction of Veritas. I heard them talking. One of my clones was nearby. "Hey Veritas?" "What is it?" "If we work together we should be able to find the words faster." Veritas paused before telling Fidelitas something. "He said if any of us fail to find the words and assemble them we'd be sent back. It sounds like we're supposed to do this on our own." Fidelitas smiled at him. "He said we'd be sent back if we didn't get the words. He didn't say anything about working together. Veritas nodded. "Okay. We'll work together. Let's find Spero." After they found her and explained the situation they split up to search designated areas. They found all of the words and put them together. They then brought the finished poem to me. "Is this it?" Spero asked. I read the poem.
I reach out for your hand,
Searching for a light to guide me,
You and I travel to a new land,
Because where ever you are is where I'm meant to be.
"This is the correct poem. Congratulations on becoming genin you three."