6

I woke up and stretched. I was at Gaara's home now. I got out of bed and got dressed. I decided to fix breakfast for the four of us. I made my way to the kitchen, yawning. Reaching up to the cupboard, I got out the cinnamon and everything else I needed to make french toast. After I finished cooking, I plated four pieces on each plate. I put three pieces on the bottom and one in the middle. I sprinkled powdered sugar on top and put a strawberry in the middle of each plate. I put the four dishes on the table. I could hear the other three wandering in this direction. No doubt they smelled the food. "Food. Smell food." Kankuro moaned, confirming my suspicion. "You can cook?" Temari asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Obviously." I smirked. "It's really good." Gaara said. The other two stared at him. They then looked at their plates. Temari took a cautious bite. Then she dug in. I guess Gaara doesn't give out compliments sparingly. "You'll be meeting at my office with the other jounin senseis at 9." Gaara said. I nodded. After we finished Gaara left and I had a hour to kill. I went to training field 9. It had a lake and plenty of animals. I figured it was one of the few water sources Suna had. I tried putting into practice what I read about life energy and other types of energy manipulation. I sat in a meditative position. I laid both hands on the ground. After a while, I felt an extremely light tremor, and a rush of energy flooded my body. I used that energy, forming an image in my mind, and bringing it into existence. A rose bush bloomed beside me. I knew I would be able to do more, but for now it was time to go. I teleported to Gaara's office to find the other jounin already there. One of them was Baki and the rest I'd never seen before. "All of you will possibly be senseis to a group of three genin. You will test a few graduates of our academy on their teamwork. If they work well together they pass. All of you except for Naruto know what teams you'll be getting. Naruto, you'll be getting team 5. Dismissed." Gaara said professionally. Strange given that he acts like a gloomy little kid around me. Temari gave me a tour earlier so I knew where I was going. I went there immediately. Walking into the classroom, it was mild pandemonium. "Did I come too early?" I asked the teacher. "Their complaining about their teammates." She explained, frazzled. I nodded. I walked up to the front of the room. They didn't notice. I let loose some of my killer intent. They all froze. "You are shinobi now, not bickering children. The people you are complaining about are people you will have to entrust your life to. If you can't understand something as simple as what the term comrade truly means, why are you here?" I asked them. I would not raise my voice. They should have been listening from the start. This would be the first and last time I demanded their attention. "Team 5 with me." I said. Three students got up from the back corner of the room. With me in the lead we went up to the roof. "Introductions first." I said. A boy with black hair and blue eyes spoke up. "Could you go first? I'm rather curious about you since it doesn't seem like you're from around here." I nodded. At least he didn't pull a Sakura and say he didn't know what an introduction was. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze. You can call me Naruto or Namikaze as long as you make sure to use the proper honorific. My likes include cooking, seals, friends, and learning new things. My dislikes include traitors, liars, my old team, and hypocrisy. My hobbies include creating new seals and playing pranks. My dream for the future is to restore Uzushio, the home of my ancestors. The reason it looks like I'm not from around here is because originally I'm from Konaha. You next." I pointed to a boy with red hair, pale skin, and violet eyes.