14

"I love you. Do you feel the same?" I was shocked. Not by the fact that he said he loves me. Or not just because of that. But because, looking in his eyes, I knew he meant it. Rather fitting I suppose, since Veritas means truth. Funny thing is, even though I've known the guy less than a month, I truly care about him. "Yeah. I do." When I told him that he blushed, and smiled. "However, you can't tell the other two my reply yet." I said. "Why?" Veritas asked. He sounded hurt and I started to panic. "It's not that I'm embarrassed about it! I just don't want to distract them from the mission!" I exclaimed. Veritas looked relieved. "True. Fidelitas would ask about a billion questions and Spero would start planning a wedding. She was the one who told me I should stop being a 🐔 and talk to you about how I feel." I laughed a little. "We should round up the other two and head to Wave." Veritas nodded and we started looking. When we found them Spero had Fidelitas backed against a wall. I was concerned she was going to hit him, but that was unnecessary. Rather than hitting him, she kissed him. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything here, but we should get going." They broke apart rather quickly, blushing and sneaking guilty glances at each other. We headed off for the land of waves. When we reach the meeting place, we see Tazuna and Inari. It was good to see them after so long. "Miss me?" I teased. They both blinked. "Naruto? You got bigger!" Tazuna shouted. "Haha, yeah, growing up does that to you." I said. "What about the rest of team 7?" Inari asked. "I wouldn't know. I'm not a Konaha nin anymore." I said. They were shocked. "What happened?" Inari asked. I filled him in. "They don't realize what a great ninja they lost. Had I known what was going on I wouldn't have requested that everyone who came here before come again. So who're your friends?" Tazuna said. "This is my genin team. I'm a jounin of the Sand village." I said. Tazuna stared. "I almost always held back on missions with Konaha. I outclassed my godparents ages ago and their two of the legendary sannin. I think jounin is reasonable." I explained. Tazuna nodded. "Anyway, we'll rest at grandpa's place today and get to work tomorrow. If the others are late gramps'll ask for a refund, since knowing your shadowclones you'll get the building done quickly." Inari said. "I can do better. I can use life energy manipulation to create treehouses. The shops will be inside the trees so no robbers would be able to figure out where all the important places are. On top of that, the trees are still alive, so as years pass new rooms will grow into existence. I generally use fruit trees for these." I said. I could see Tazuna thinking. "We wouldn't have to import fresh fruit then. We could have our own, so that would drastically cut back our spending and speed up the recovery of our island. Thanks, Naruto!" Tazuna cheered. Just then, team 7 showed up. "Tazuna pouted since he wouldn't get his refund. "Try not to get in the way." I told Sakura and Sasuke. "You shut up, baka! No one really wants you here!" Sakura shrieked. My genin glared at her. Their killer intent has gotten pretty intense. "Who're the runts?" Kakashi asked. He seemed genuinely curious. "This is Spero, Veritas, and Fidelitas. They're my genin team." I said. "As if someone like you would be capable enough to teach someone. The Sand must be desperate." Sakura snarked. "Whatever you say. I'm hungry. When do we head to your place old man?" I asked, disregarding the banshee. "We can go now. You know we only have two rooms though, so we have to figure out the sleeping arrangements." Tazuna said. "Don't worry about that. I'll fix a place for my team and I." I said.