5

I took one last look around. I sealed everything in the vault. If the stupid council hadn't gotten in my way at every turn I would have been set for life. There was a veritable fortune in there. As it was, I'd be ready for life in Suna. I teleported to Gaara's office. He was in there doing paperwork. It seemed like he had a bit of a headache. While I was at the Namikaze estate I studied up on tailed beast seals. I thought I might be able to help Gaara. "BOO!" I shouted. Gaara jumped and almost stabbed me with his sand before he saw who it was. "Naruto...." He said in a warning voice. I decided to quickly defuse the ticking time bomb. "Want me to fix your seal Gaara?" I asked. The sand that was surrounding me went back into the gourd on Gaara's back. "You can do that?" He asked hesitantly. "Yep." I replied cheerfully. "I figured it out 3 days ago and finished testing it last night." Gaara's eyes widened. "What do you need?" He asked me. "Just get Temari and Kankuro in here. I have all the materials but they should be here for this." Gaara nodded. "The Suna Anbu will fetch them." I could hear a faint rustling that only I with my fox hearing could catch. A moment later the door burst open. "Is it true? Is someone going to fix Gaara's seal?" Temari asked, flustered. "Not just any someone apparently." Kankuro pointed at me. "So when do we start?" Gaara wondered. "Right now. Lay down on the couch." I told him. He obeyed. "Take off your shirt so I can place the seal." I said, unsealing my ink and brush. I went over to Gaara. I placed the new seal on his stomach since it's a good bit larger than the last one. Once the seal was placed, I placed one hand on the old seal and one hand on the new one. I used my chakra as a medium to transfer shukaku to the new seal, and destroy the old one. The image itself was still on his forehead, but it couldn't be used to seal a tailed beast again. "You can sleep now Gaara. And I'll probably take a nap too. That used up a lot of chakra, even for me." I said. Gaara looked at me. "I can sleep?" He asked. "Yep. The new seal makes it so he can't torment you unless you go to visit him. By the way, I recommend visiting him eventually, though you probably shouldn't without Kurama and I there." I said. He seemed confused. "Kurama?" He tilted his head with a puzzled expression. "The nine tails." I explained. "You're friends with the nine tails?" Rather than confused, now he was surprised. I just nodded. He shook his head. "Anyway, you can stay with me while you're here. There's a Suna headband on the desk for you. I understand you were hiding your abilities so I'm making you a jounin. You'll be taking a genin team. Anything you want to change?" He informed me. I shook my head to his question. "Good."