Waiting Ch. 6

Chapter Six

His arms caught me, and when they did it was like an electric shock went through me. I knew who it was before even looking up at him. He looked down at me, and gave me one of those silly smiles. "I'm...I'm sorry," I stuttered. He smiled wider, and waited a few more minutes before letting me go.

"Seems like we keep seeing each other," He told me, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, seems like it," I responded, "You're not following me, are you? If you are, let me know that you're not doing the best job."

He laughed, and I smiled. I got a laugh that was good right? He looked at me through his brown hair, and the corners of his eyes crinkled. "Well I don't want to hold you up," I whispered, "I'll see you later."

"See you," He nodded, and looked at me one more time before walking into the cafeteria.

Kristi was in a giggling fit the moment he left. I shoved her hard, well not too hard because I'm not very strong. "You couldn't have warned me," I growled.

"No, no, no," She told me, "It was perfect. He like held on to you for an extra moment. Did you feel his muscles?"

"Kristi," I shrieked, and we both laughed, walking towards our lockers.

"Well today is you're good day," She announced, "Enjoy it wall you can, because I predict tomorrow will fall flat."

"Oh you're psychic now?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Mmmmm hmmm," She said, and then whispered, "But don't tell anyone, they might come after me with pitchforks."

"Oh, okay," I laughed, and she smiled at me.

Kristi always knew exactly how to make me feel better. If it was by acting like she was 10, and being all goofy, or if it was by standing next to me in the silence I needed, knowing that if she questioned me, things would not turn out well.

When my parents got divorced, my Mom found the closest house for my Dad to move into. It made me really upset about the way Mom handled things, and the way things were turning out. That was when I met Kristi.

Officially, my parents have been divorced or 3 years, and separated for 5. Dad had so much crap; it took almost all 5 years to get his stuff out of Mom's house. This was when I needed a friend most, but my friends weren't interested.

That was when I met Kristi.

Kristi had been the outcast in our school. She would sit by herself, and dress weirdly. One time I offered her to sit down with us, but she told me she would rather sit with a crocodile. I never offered her to sit with me again.

Well one day, I was sitting on the stone wall outside of our school, just staring at the kids play. Kristi noticed me, and walked right up to me. "What's got you down?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

"My parents," Was all I answered.

"I understand," She whispered, and she jumped up on the wall. I looked over at her, her hair was a dark brown before she dyed it, and she smiled at me. We just sat there together, in the silence. I thought she was waiting for me to say something, but she wasn't. She just knew I needed someone to sit with, and someone to have a shoulder to cry on if needed.

Since then, I broke away from my other friends, and stuck with Kristi. We have been best friends ever since, and know each other like the back of our hands.

"If you keep reminiscing, we'll be late," Kristi warned.

"Sorry," I muttered, and then I looked at her. She was a lot different than from when we first met. Now her hair was a lighter brown, with blonde highlights. Her hair came up to her shoulder, with her bangs falling to her nose. A small nose ring was sat on her freckled nose. She had smiling blue eyes that could turn on you in a second. She crinkled her nose a little and said, "Stop staring at me. It makes me feel weird."