Waiting Ch. 15

Chapter Fifteen

Mason was waiting downstairs when I reached the bottom of the stairs. He was wearing jeans, and a nice collared shirt. He smiled at me, and winked as my Dad continued to lecture him. "Alright, Dad," I said, "We're leaving, we'll be back before 11. Bye!"

I grabbed Mason by the arm, and dragged him out of the house. "Sorry about that," I muttered.

"No problem," He told me, "He loves you, and wants to watch out for you. I get it."

I smiled at him, and got into his car. "So where are we going?"

"Ice skating," He told me.

"Ice skating?" I asked, "I'm hardly dressed for that."

"I knew you wouldn't be, so I brought these," He told me. He reached into the back seat and handed me about ten coats. I laughed, and said, "Fine, but I'm warning you, I'm awful at ice skating."

"No worries," He told me, "I'll teach you."

He put the car in drive, and we were off. We talked about music- we both hated Taylor Swift- and we talked a little about politics- Obama all the way for him.

"Why would you like him though?" I asked, looking at him.

"When I look at him," He explained, "I see change. Even if it's just a little change, it's what we need."

"But what if he's not the one that's supposed to make the change?" I asked, cocking my head.

"Well other then I think he is," He told me, "I also think that everyone is able to make a change, and he just has the ability to make it happen. I bet when he was younger he told everyone that he was going to be the president of the United States, and he followed his dream with a few followers."

"I guess," I muttered.

"And," He pressed, "He's an African American man who wanted to become president. That alone is making a difference. It changes history, HE changes history. That's why I don't believe in history repeating it's self."

"Seems like you really thought about this," I exclaimed.

He shrugged, and looked over at me smiling. "And Taylor Swift?" I pressed, "Why do you hate her?"

"Easy," He told me, "I don't like country music."

"Well it's not really country music," I said, "It's got like a little pop in it."

"Well then I don't like her country/pop music," He laughed, "Why don't you like her."

"Easy," I mimicked, "She not only got to kiss Taylor Lautner, but she's like dating him too."

We both laughed, but I was kind of serious. Lautner was cute.

Mason pulled into the skating rink, and paid for both of us. I put on my skates, and tied them up. I couldn't even walk on ground with skates on, let alone ice!

"Come on," Mason called, grabbing my hand and bringing me into the rink.

"I'm really not good at skating," I told him.

"It's easy," He said, "My Mom taught me when I was little."

I sighed, and walked onto the ice. I started to fall right away, but Mason caught me. He pulled brought me over to the edge. "Hold on," He ordered, "I don't want you falling. Now ready, slide right foot, then left."

I did what he said, holding onto the edge tightly. When it looked like I had it, he grabbed my hand, and brought me a little from edge. "You got it," He exclaimed. I smiled, but someone zoomed past us, and I lost my balance.