Waiting Ch. 11

Chapter Eleven

When I got home, I called Kristi up, and told her everything. She listened, and when I ended the story telling her about the kiss, she screamed. "I KNEW IT," She screamed, "I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT! DIDN'T I KNOW IT TAY? YES, I DID! HEY MA, I KNEW IT!"

"That's great Kristi," Mrs. Deamonde yelled, "Now keep it down."

Kristi laughed, "She doesn't even know what we're talking about."

I smiled, and whispered, "I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Break up with Nikolas," She said quickly, "Do it, or I'll do it for you?"

"Oh you will?" I asked.

"Yes," She answered, "And it will be with harsh words, I will make him cry."

"No, please don't do that," I pleaded.

"Then hurry up and break up with him," She growled. I laughed, and fell onto my bed.

"We'll see how it goes," I whispered.

"But you kissed Mason, doesn't that count as cheating?" She asked. I could just see her with her hands on her hips like she was disappointed in me.

"But he kissed me," I argued.

"So," She pressed, "You kissed him back, did you not?" When I didn't answer, she went "Mmmm hmmmm."

"Come on Kristi, don't give me the guilt treatment," I scolded.

"Sorry," She laughed, "But hey I have to go, Mom's going to kill me if I'm any later for this yoga thing. See you tomorrow, bye!"

"Bye," I replied, and then snapped my phone shut. I smiled at myself, still feeling Mason's lips against mine. Was Kristi right? Maybe I should break it off with Nikolas tomorrow, or the next day, or maybe the next. I wasn't sure. I really liked Nikolas, but I also really liked Mason.

"Taylor," My Dad called, "Time for dinner."

I sat up in my bed, and raised an eyebrow. Dinner? With the family? Slowly I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen. My Dad and Lexie were sitting at the head of the table, with my Dad at the head of the table. "Come sit," He told me, "We're having turkey."

I looked down at Lexie, and frowned. I sat down though, because I wasn't going to pass up on this opportunity. "Okaayyy," I said slowly. Dad smiled at me as I grabbed my fork.

"How was your day?" Dad asked.

"Dad, you know today was the funeral," I whispered.

"Other than that," He sighed.

"I went to the ice cream parlor to talk to Mason," I said with a grin. Lexie smiled too, and said, "I went with her too Daddy."

"Did you now?" Dad asked, smiling at her sweetly.

"Yes," She smiled, "And it was very fun."

"How was it fun?" Dad questioned.

"Ice cream is always fun," I interjected.

"Oh alright," Dad said, but I had a funny feeling that he knew something. I narrowed my eyes at him, and waited for him to say something, but he didn't, he just continued to eat his turkey.

When dinner was over, Lexie and I cleaned up the dishes while Dad stored the extra food into the fridge. "Did you tell him something?" I whispered into Lexie's ear.

"No," She told me, "But it seemed like he knew."

"But I didn't tell him either," I muttered, looking down at the plates. Lexie shrugged, and stood on her tippy toes so she could clean the dishes. We all were quiet, and when the dishes were done, Lexie and I traveled into our room.