CHAPTER 1

I can see them... they look like black, moving figures on my wall.

I held my pillow tight. The monsters are now getting closer and closer to me as I closed my eyes and just waited.

My whole body was shaking and I was sweating. I felt my heart pounding as a ripping sensation radiated from the center of my chest.

Too much, there was so much pain. I breathed three times, following my mom's instruction whenever this happens.

The pain eased, relief flooded me as I opened my eyes. But, the relief was instantly replaced with fright.

In front of me was the monster itself, dark and smokey breathing right in front of me. Its stare pierced through me even though it has no eyes..

A shriek escaped from my lips as the pain in my chest returned, more intense and agonizing. It is like being pulled out of me , by..by the smoke figure floating on top of me.

"AAAHHHHH!" i sat upright "MOM!" I felt tears gush out my eyes "DAD!!"

The black smoke rised up and clouded under the ceiling, moving in circles in blinding speed... I just sat and watch there, frozen with fear.

The door opened and the switch flicked on. Flooding the room with light straining my eyes. I looked up in an instant, they-they are gone... all of them...

"honey, Iris... calm down... calm down..." my mom had a frantic look on her face but she kept her voice calm.

Dad came in with a glass of water in his hand."here drink this.." He offered me the glass, but i was too shaken to drink it

"I- I.." I panthed "I saw them again..They are here...Flying...breathing..."

"shhh..shh.. honey, listen, they are not real. They are hallucinations. Do not mind them, you have to take care of your heart. It is not good for you to have panic attacks. "

I just gulped the water down feeling my hollow stomach churn. My hands are shaking from fear and my heart pounding furiously.

"Iris, breathe in..." my dad instructed calmly and i followed "breathe out, relax dear."

I kept his instructions in mind 'to breathe in and breathe out '

I calmed down, my heart's pace slowed down. "I'm okay now... " I lightly smiled at my parents who were disturbed fron their goodnight's sleep...

"you may now go back to your room and sleep"

"But you might have another palpitation "

"no, believe me.. im good, just, just leave the lights on... "

"okay, goodnight honey..." they kissed me goodnight and closed the door to retire to their room .

I laid back, my eyes wide open.

That was the worse encounter i've had with the figures.

No, they are not real, they are NOT real... just hallucinations...

'ssssss' i heard a familiar hissing sound 'ssssssss'

I peeked down and a slithering black with a gold leaf pattern was approaching me.

"Hi buddy" I picked her up and laid her on the bed "What's up, Ceres?"

"sorry, i was not here a while ago.." her voice rung through my head

"That's okay Ceres, It's not your fault" I heard her sigh in my mind..

"you will not understant yet... It's not yet time, you are too young ."

"I'm not THAT young, Ceres... I'm like 11..."

"whatever, young lady " she teased me

I pouted and playfully wrapped her scaley body aroung my wrist "You have to tell me now. snakey." "

Just trust me Iris, it's for your own good..." I just closed my eyes and let it slip...

because I trust her...