CHAPTER 8

The creature in front of me was unknown. I don't even know him anymore or what his intentions of me were. But his mystery doesn't scare me, it draws me...

I stood up and went to him, touching the soft , fine feathers "sir, are these fake?"

he lightly chuckled "I guarantee you, they're not. "

"then what are you? "

"I already told you, I'm a guardian " a smile played on his lips "your soul's guardian."

"So, you're some sort of a guardian angel ?"

"you can say that... " he looked straight into my eyes, showing that he knows me deeply "I've been protecting you for thousands of lifetimes now. I was there for all your reincarnations. "

"wow..."

"let's go...It's getting darker. We need to go home "

"I have no strength left... and my mom will intrigue me if she saw me with a guy like you, especially a winged dude."

he bit his lip, trying to control his laughter within "I have another way "

I gasped when he held my waist and pulled me close. My head bumped to his solid chest, inhaling his divine scent. I watched his wings open wider and gracefully folded it to the front. Enveloping us totally with his dazzling soft feathers.

It was beautiful inside , It was dim, but it wasn't anything frightening because thousands of lights studded it, just like the starry night sky in a clear, cool night . Inviting me to rest peacefully which my body longed for almost all my life.

-----------

My eyes adjusted to the poorly lit room that I am in. The familiarity comforted me, it's my room.

"Had a good rest?"

"aah!" I suppressed my alarm "Oh god, it's just you... "

Mr. Raegan, Chase, Octavian, Octopus, whatever... was sitting on my window like there are no two stories below him.

ah, yeah... he has wings...

"sorry for shocking you " he smiled apologetically "but, you should be used to seeing me around here ... I will not hide anymore. "

He stood up from my window and closed the glass. He was wearing his sleeveless undershirt and slacks. His wings were disguised as a tattoo again. His top showed his rigid, banging arms.

I think I wouldn't mind seeing him here ... My room needs, uhmm... beautification...

"I think I'll get used to it anyways... AAHHH! OH MY! " I covered my mouth to prevent the shriek from escaping.

Something was banging on my glass window . I immediately stood up and went behind Octavian.

"Are they here again? "

"Shhh... That's just Ceres. "

Ceres? as in the snake?

he opened the glass windows and a girl hopped in. She had black wavy hair with gold streaks. She had a frantic look on her face.

"Octa~ " she was cut off from whatever she was suppose to say when she saw me "Iris... No... Octavian, why did you let her see you? "

"No, Ceres... It's okay. She found out, so I just explained everything. "

she sighed heavily "we'll talk about this later, but Octavian... The Merging, It's already happening. "

His eyes widened then he ran his hand through his hair "how did you know? what was your basis. "

"Last week we found Aira , she's the sixth to return... we found the last, he is about to return anytime. "

"no..."

I bolted upright "what is happening? and you!" I looked at the raven haired girl "who are you?! how did you know my name ?"

she just smirked at me "how can you not recognize this gorgeous reptile? "

her black hair suddenly flowed up, showing her face where some black scales appeared, then on her left cheek was a gold leaf

"you're... you're Ceres? Ceres the reptile?! "

Her hair suddenly dropped, stopping the transformation. "No one else, Iris "

My eyes widened. Fudge, I have to absorb A LOT today.

I calmed down and dropped to my bed. "OK" I took a deep breathe "so, care to explain what you guys are talking about? "

Chase sat beside me "so, that girl... you met in the auditions, your schoolmate? "

I nodded

"she's Aira , another vessel. "

"Oh..." was all I was able to say , after I was able to breathe again "the merging... what is that? "

he looked up as if trying to remember everything " All in all, there are seven vessels in the universe. And all are here on earth and are humans. The Merge happens when all seven vessels returns to a mortal body at the same lifetime. "

"and? what happens? "

"It's extremely dangerous . This is the phenomena the dark eyes are all anticipating. They know for a fact that when they combine the antimatter at the same time, it will be even more powerful . That is why they will be so desperate in getting it now. "

"Woah... " I think I just ran out of breath "so, you're telling me it's all gonna be worse."

he nodded "so we have to be ready.."

Ceres sat beside me and squeezed my hand to reassure me.

" where are the others?"

Ceres flipped her hair "Iora is in Egypt, Gaia is in Korea, Ezra is in New Zealand, Forre is in England, Ozias is in Brazil ... Aira and Azerine are here. And you are Azerine...I just used your ancient names. They have their own guardians, yours is Octavian. I'm Aira's. Thanks to you I found her finally. By the way, Ezra is the latest to return, and he's not yet born. The moment he is born, the merge will be complete... and we will all be in danger. So, " she paused briefly, I saw her face wrinkle "The only time we have left to prepare is until he is born. "

I put my hands on my head "how will I prepare? "

Chase shifted beside me, facing me completely and intently

"are you willing to come with us? It is safe there, no one can hurt you there. We will teach you how to protect yourself there. But, you have to leave everything behind. "

My breathing quickened as I tried to ponder on it, but even though how much I weigh it and my instinct screams at me to join them...

I wasn't ready.

Chase smiles down at me and offered his hand for me to take

"I am asking Iris, not Azerine. It is your decision, Iris. "

---------------

Will she jump at his offer? Or choose to stay in the danger zone?

that is a filler , "explanatory " chapter

:)

Thanks =D

Comment, Vote, Support!