CHAPTER 15

Relief flooded me as Edward shifted and slowly opened his eyes that instantly landed on mine.

"wha-what happened Iris? Where are they? " He was still frantically searching.

"They're gone. Gwenii and Chase saved us. " I pointed at his dark, bad motorbike "and Ceres saved Raven "

The corners of his mouth turned up and he had a peaceful look on his face as he laid his head back to Gwenii's lap.

We were seating around him, in the middle of a long, lifeless road. The night getting sleepier and sleepier every passing moment. Ceres left.earlier to be with Michelle.

"Hey Edward Lyle " Gwenii tapped his forehead "Before I and Octavian came here to rescue you, it was Iris first. She protected you. " Then she sent me a grateful smile.

His head turned towards my direction, my vision zoomed his irises which seemed to dilate. The jade of his eyes came out and now dominating the black. If he weren't a vessel, his eyes may have a beautiful ,soothing shade of forest green.

I felt soft, cold skin cover my hand "thank you. I'm Sorry that I just fell unconscious and was totally useless at that time. "

I shook my head then lightly squeezed his hand that was still weak.

"no, you wouldn't be unconscious if you didn't try saving the both of us and absorbing all the impact for me . So, Thank you, too, Lyle. "

He smirked "Welcome, Demetria. "

Gwenii looked at the full moon above us, it's almost at the western horizon. "Edward Lyle, I should already take you home. You should also let the girl go home, it's late. "

He gave her a weak nod. I stood up then pinched his cheek "take care of yourself, Edward Lyle Ainsworth. "

Then like an obedient child, he nodded while smiling sweetly at me.

After one glance at his resting body being carried by Gwenii and her wings enveloping both of them, and their mini "rocket" shooting from the ground , I turned to Chase who was patiently standing beside me.

"Let's go home, Chase "

"You want me to go with you? " he had a surprised look on his features.

"I just said it right? " I cocked my eyebrow at him "will you go with me or no? "

"You can't go without me. I'm your ride home, remember? " the it was his turn to raise his arched eyebrow at me .

I gave him a soft laugh "Nice point, now Let's go. "

He gave me one of those heartstoppingly beautiful smiles while looking at me through his dark lashes. Two strong,illuminated, black wings suddenly ripped out his black long sleeved polo shirt.

Damn, what a waste of good clothes.

He walked closer, surrounding me with his scent that I couldn't describe with other words other than glorious and tantalizing. He then folded his wings towards us to envelope us like what he did the afternoon he confessed to me what he was. But before his wings could completely engulf us, my arm stretched to block it when an idea popped in my mind.

He shot me a questioning look "what's the matter Iris? "

"Can, can you give me a ride? "

"I was about to. That was what I was doing ,right? "

"No, like something different... Like can you fly me in the air? " A wide, childlike grin spread towards my face "like up the ground and around the city. I want to see it from above. Please. "