CHAPTER 18

Shocked. I was utterly shocked.

Of all words, Of all messages, of all people...

He chose to declare those things ,his feelings , to me...

He moved his head to face me, his eyes thoroughly searching mine.

What about me? What do I feel about him? Do I actually feel something for him? I've never really thought about feelings, or love. I just know that it is a chemical release of endorphins and is the key for maintaining the human population. But, how it feels and knowing when it is true?

No.

It is a total stranger to me and it still is up to this moment. I looked at his hopeful face gazing at mine. This man in front of me was said to be unfeeling and reckless. Yet, I don't really know that side of him, he never showed it to me. He was different with me compared to what other people would tell. Is it because of his feelings for me? Can love really change you and what you are?

"Iris... " my name barely came out as a whisper.

"Edward... " I broke my eye contact with him and looked down "I don't know... It's a bit , too fast. "

I heard him sigh, his chest rising and falling faintly "I understand. "

Defeat filled his voice. I don't want to hurt him with my uncertainty and doubt. But, they said true love waits, right? And feelings change.

I looked at him again, meeting the forest stained orbs. I might have feelings for him that I just don't know, maybe it will be stronger... maybe...

"I'll figure it out, okay? Give me time. "

He nodded, lowering his head. Then he looked at me again., nearing his face to mine, the expression on his eyes pleading and asking.

"May I? "

I nodded, if it was the only thing I could do to cause him less pain.

His warm hands took my cheeks gently. He pressed his forehead against mine, his hair lightly tickling the skin. I was expecting a peck on the lips or his lips crashing down to mine. But, I felt my head being lifted a bit and soft, warm flesh touched my forehead.

I opened my eyes and saw him smiling down at me, but not enough to show his the dimples on his cheeks .

"There you go. " then he held me at an arm's length. "Take your time , dear."

I couldn't look at him in the eyes. Why am I so guilty? Why am I so confused? If I were another girl, I could have jumped onto him and tell him I like him too, but, why can't I?

I stepped out of the venue and found Chase waiting for me. He gave me a faint smile that instantly comforted all my guilty being.

"Let's go home." he extended his arm which I gladly took.

"Fly me again. I want to see the city. "

"Sure ." he then motioned me to go somewhere more hidden. I climbed onto his back as soon as we were able to find a tree to hide into.

My hands found it's way to his back which were already two distinct forms are rising from. I lightly traced it while his tattoos were coming to life. The black fabric ripped and two dark wings came out, gracefully flapping and unfolding.

"Chase, you really like wasting clothes, don't you? "

he just lightly chuckled and we slowly ascended from the ground. I saw the venue from above, my eyes caught Edward's chocolate brown hair. He was strolling alone in the garden outside.