CHAPTER 2

---- 5 years later ----

"I'm nervous... and scared..."

Ceres hissed and whispered to my mind "don't be...you're awesome , right? "

She really knows how to uplift my mood, but still , my worries and insecurities are really getting into me

"but, you do know that they don't like me that much... that I'm a, weirdo..."

I've been constantly bullied and casted out, telling and making me feel like I am different. Well, maybe it's true; I don't speak that much, I feel, uhmm, threatened around people and my weak heart makes it all worse.

"Iris, It is just because they can't handle your awesomeness" she coiled around my wrist to comfort me "plus, you are a bright young lady. Look, you are smart , straight A s with some Bs....You draw and paint . And you are a great dancer! "

"but, I'm weird ". I looked at the gold leaf pattern I "tattooed " on her when we were little "I'm even talking to a snake now "

"this, " she wagged her tail a bit "this is not just an ordinary snake, I'm one gorgeous snake and if they knew about me, they will kill you because of envy. "

My laughter bursted out of me, louder than normal "fine, fine...you are one gorgeous reptilian ".

"and you are one awesome mammal..." I felt her smile in my mind even though her snake body can't really make facial expressions "you should get going, you'll be late... and good luck later for the auditions "

"oh yeah!! oh my.." I packed my dance shoes, shirt and workout shorts in my messed up backpack .

"see yah!" I waved at Ceres who crawled under my bed.

It's always like that, Ceres convincing me to go to school even though my life sucked there. Then when I'm finished, she would just show up as if it is not dangerous for her to be outside.

"hey mom, dad " I smiled at them in the breakfast table as dad put on the table the breakfast he expertly prepared.

"Morning, honey!" my mom greeted me "how was your sleep?"

"peaceful" i honestly told her and she smiled in relief.

The shadows dissapeared since the my worst encounter with them that night. And it's been five years ago, so I guess my parents are right, they are mere hallucinations.

We ate in a happy and fresh atmosphere despite my twitching fingers due to nervousness.

" oh Iris! Isn't the auditions today? Good luck!! I heard that it is really difficult to get in that dance troupe!"

"wow dad, thanks for reminding me. " I was being sarcastic again

he chuckled "you are very much welcome, dear "

. He had that playful and taunting face, teasing me to have a sarcasm war with him again

"okay, it's getting late everybody! we should get going! " my mom interrupted our silent war " we might be late for work! "

We stood up and we put our own plates on the sink, then we all got into the car after grabbing our stuff.

They dropped me off in front of my school

"bye Iris! good luck for your auditions later!!"

"byee!!" I waved at them then went inside.

At once I passed through the corridor, I felt people glance at me... oh my... another day...

============================