.CHAPTER 25

We landed on our feet into a room after we got away from the crowd. Chase was still slumped unconscious on Gwenii's shoulder and he looks so bad, so damaged. His face was now swollen and dark red fluid was dripping from his now pale lips .

She gently laid him on the soft , red sheets. Her hands tender and careful as she ripped Chase's black shirt from him and left his upper body exposed. Revealing the deformed and crushed wings as she flipped him to his side cautiously. The wings that were my refuge is now torn and limp. 

I gathered courage to sit on the bed beside him. His face was turned towards me as I unconsciously wiped the trail of blood away with my fingers. We sat in tensed silence, me doing whatever I can to clean Chase and Gwenii now laying her hands on him with that violet glowing from her eyes and palms again. Radiating the glow from her to him,  the same thing she did with Edward. 

But she was not the same, she obviously lost that signature calm and no-nonsense demeanor as she was visibly shaking.  Her face unreadable but with great depths of fear and concern with it. Whispering panicked and desperate calls to Octavian, as she called him, to consciousness.

The tears threatened to escape my eyes but I restrained them. I have no right to cry. I just clung onto the red sheets he was laying on .

The door banged open, Ceres frantically rushed inside while Michelle followed her.

"What happened to him? What happened to my brother?! "

"Ask that vessel. " Gwenii spat belitterly.

Then she turned to me anxiously "What happened Iris? "

"I -I don't know... " I managed to utter. "I was running away, then a bus, came...  then it stopped, everything did. Then he came,  the bus resumed its movement than we got hit...He got hit badly! I'm so Sorry. "

Her features visibly softened and she hugged me like how she would comfort me when I would get anxious. But this time, she was in distress too.

"It's not her fault Gwenii, she still doesn't know about it.!"

"Well, whose fault is it then? It is nobody's fault but hers to be so  ignorant!"

Ignorant? About what? 

Oh yeah, I'm ignorant, I don't even know what they are talking about. I don't even know what happened, I'm not even sure if Chase is going to be okay. 

Ceres just stopped arguing with Gwenii and just stared at her while she is healing Chase. Michelle stood beside me and gave me a pat on the shoulder but she stayed silent.

The violet glow stopped radiating from Gwenii and she stood up. "That is all I can do for now. "

"Where are you going? " Ceres asked as she sat beside Chase who was still unconscious.

"Just outside , get some fresh air. "

She then eyed me  "I swear,  if something happens to... "

"Gwenii! " Ceres hissed "Stop bothering her! It will not help Chase recover."

She just turned her heels sharply then jumped out the window. Her hazel hair being blown back as she soared high and far.

"Is he going to be,  alright? "

"I'm not sure, Iris..." she wiped some curls away from his face.  I think my heart dropped. Even his sister was in doubt.

"But, I know my brother.  He's going to fight for life.  Damn, he might even kill death itself before it touches him. " She let out a small laugh ,slightly calming the three of us from all the tension . She then looked at me. " He is going to fight for you, Irie,  don't worry,  I'm sure as hell he would. "